General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Racing on a Touring Bike/Touring on a Racing Bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-01-08 9:22 PM

User image

Master
Lexington, Kentucky
Subject: Racing on a Touring Bike/Touring on a Racing Bike
I've been bike shopping, and I have been thinking about how I am most likely to use my bike.

I'll be training on it, of course, and racing when the day comes, but I also want a bike that will be comfortable and fun for tooling around the neighborhood with my kids, riding to work when the weather is nice, etc. I get the impression that a "real" road bike might not be the best thing for such non-competetive pursuits. I really can't afford to buy two bikes for different purposes. I've found categories like "Comfort Road" (Trek) and "Sport Road" (Cannondale) that seem to strike a compromise between comfort and performance. Does anyone have any advice/experience/insight?

Thanks,

Tim Edwards

2005-01-12 3:29 PM
in reply to: #100988

User image

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: Racing on a Touring Bike/Touring on a Racing Bike

A good comfort road or sport road bike sounds like exactly the kind of bike you need.  The main difference between these and an elite road bike will be the bigger low gear cogset and the weightier components.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Racing on a Touring Bike/Touring on a Racing Bike Rss Feed