General Discussion Race Reports! » Kaiser Permanente Modesto Classic Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Kaiser Permanente Modesto Classic Run - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Modesto, California
United States
Shadow Chase Running Club
65F / 18C
Precipitation
Total Time = 26m 20s
Overall Rank = 126/322
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 10/15
Pre-race routine:

Woke up arond 5 am and shuffled around to get stuff together, got some cereal and a half bagel and started to get my bearings twards the race.
Event warmup:

Did about 20 min stretching and about a 15 min jog, ran into some fellow masters swimmers and wished them luck. Ran into the tall dude that beat me two weeks ago(Bob) and we talked about upcomming races and training volume, he is doing San Jose Half also.
Run
  • 26m 20s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

Treated this like a normal training day, weather did not cooperate so I was just not energized about the race atmosphere. I felt I started too far back, I did too much passing for the first mile.Mile 2 felt o.k. but twards the end I was breathing fairly hardRight at mile 3 was an aid sttation and I grabbed a water for 2 sips and walked for about 10 yards and started fot the finish. It was obvious that I have lost much of the run endurance that I had, I had no gears left fo the finish. Bob passed me with about 500 yards to go and all I could do was tag along behind.
What would you do differently?:

Continue to build volume with my runs.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked for about 800 yards.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training!

Event comments:

Fun race, met some Fun people from the Modesto Shadow Run Club, the club I just joined! I hope they can give me that extra push to help my run get better.

Last updated: 2008-05-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:20 | 03.11 miles | 08m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/15
Overall: 0/322
Performance: Average
Course: Figure eight course, no markers, very flat.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-05-24 2:21 PM

User image

Modesto, California
Subject: Kaiser Permanente Modesto Classic Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Kaiser Permanente Modesto Classic Run Rss Feed