General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Handle bar + Aero bars for a tri bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-26 5:15 PM

User image

Expert
Zürich, Switzerland
Subject: Handle bar + Aero bars for a tri bike

I am configuring my next bike which will be a Cervelo P3C.

I have seen different handlebars and aerobars together, especially from Zipp and Profile Design around. Maybe 3 or 4 models dominate the market there. Of course, full carbon ones and the range is around 700$.

Which one do you have? Just post your model name and eventually some comments.

Thanks! 

2008-05-27 2:27 PM
in reply to: #1424797

User image

Elite
Preferably on my bike somewhere
Subject: RE: Handle bar + Aero bars for a tri bike
On my QR Seduza, I have the basic Vision Bar with Vision Clip-ons. They are alloy and I find them to be quite comfortable. I don't have any complaints with them. I may have been able to shave a few grams off the bike weight with carbon, but I'd be better off spending that extra money shaving weight off my fat . The pads are sufficiently soft, and I can adjust them enough to make them fit. I am fairly proportional - all 5'8" of me so I'm not hard to fit.
2008-05-31 11:02 AM
in reply to: #1424797

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Handle bar + Aero bars for a tri bike
For what its worth. take what people say with a grain of salt, this is about YOU, just as with bike fit, these need to fit you, first and foremost. if you cannot get int the position you want, or are not able to hold it for your race distance, then they are not worth it.

that being said, in the past i have use:

visiontech alum base bar and their TT clip ons (the ski tip ones): great bars, get the size you need and never look back, fairly light and look good

same base bar with profile T2+ s-bend bars, look better to me, fit my hands/riding style a bit better, raced a full season on these.

2nd half of last season i switched bikes and tried out the full carbon easton attack bars. had some ups and downs with those, liked the no moving parts, only what was needed waas there, very light, looked aweseom, but the pads sucked, and i did not like the slight upturn so i finally ended up on the giant carbon aerobar.

the giant bar is a little harder to find, has a drop/swept forward base bar(like the vsion one peice pro bar), and push through extentions. i am using oval straight aerobar extensions.

the bars are fairly light, look good, and i love the no bends in the extensions (not for everyone though)

if you have more questions shoot a message or post my way
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Handle bar + Aero bars for a tri bike Rss Feed