Richmond Road Runners
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 31m 30s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I had two pieces of toast with peanut butter and three glasses of water before leaving Chris' parents house. We arrived at the start area with about 30 min to spare which gave all of us plenty of time to pick up our packets and drop everything back off at the car.
Event warmup:

We had a bit of a walk to the packet pickup area, back to the car, and then back to the start line. I was able to stretch for a good 10 min though.
Run
  • 31m 30s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 10m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

I felt very good going into the race. I stopped to help a teenager that was on the verge of having an asthma attack on the side of the road at mile .75 (hundreds of people were running in the race yet NOBODY stopped to help her - she was crumpled up on the side of the road). I kneeled down and talked to her for about a min and a half (trying to calm her down and get her name/last name)... she stood up and I walked with her a bit and then we jogged together for a good five minutes. I know that I could have had a much better time but making sure that she was ok was my main focus throughout the race.
What would you do differently?:

Ummm... everything was great mechanically during the race. I know that if I would have continued to run then I would have hit a pr but helping the girl (Leah) was much more important.
Post race
Warm down:

Chris and his dad met me at the finish line with water and an orange (they finished two minutes before I did). I walked around for a bit, stretched, and then headed back to the finish line to wait for Chris' mom and sister.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Helping the pre-asthma attack girl. Everything else felt excellent throughout the race - my breathing, muscles, and rhythm were all in check.

Event comments:

The course was great, there were plenty of volunteers, and the water stations were in the right areas.

Last updated: 2008-05-14 12:00 AM
Running
00:31:30 | 03.11 miles | 10m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: The course was a simple out and back course with a total of four turns (two out, two back). The best part of the course was that it was nice and flat.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-05-26 8:39 PM

User image

Regular
Leesburg,
Subject: Autism Race at Innsbrook

2008-05-27 12:08 AM
in reply to: #1425049

User image

Master
State of Confusion
Subject: RE: Autism Race at Innsbrook
Awesome that you stopped to help that girl. Kudos.  Nice race besides.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Autism Race at Innsbrook Rss Feed