General Discussion Race Reports! » Coeur d'Alene Marathon/1/2 Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Coeur d'Alene Marathon/1/2 Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Coeur D'Alene, Idaho
United States
70F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 52m
Overall Rank = 973/1003
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 132/135
Pre-race routine:

Well, I rode the IMCdA course the day before putting in about 100 miles. Not to mention the 100 miles I did on the bike a week prior. I know glutton for punishment.
Event warmup:

None. Was so tired. Ate a little breakfast at the host hotel and then waited to start running.
Run
  • 2h 52m
  • 13.1 miles
  • 13m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

I was sweating buckets at the end of this race. It was hot but I didn't feel hot. They had aid stations every two miles so I ate a gu every hour and drank GE and water. Started this one out at a nice pace. Legs felt OK. Was of course in the back of the pack with some people who were running/walking. Usually those folks stay with me even though I run the entire time. But not this time. My pace was good and steady. I was doing 11 min/miles by mile 3. But slowed down a hair after mile 10 but still had a good pace going. I probably could have managed my all time goal of a 2:30 on a 1/2 marathon if I'd pushed it but my hammies were started to bother me and I have to live to run another day. Still I beat my time from the Austin 1/2 Marathon by about 5 minutes. So I'm not complaining on the PR! :)
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. Paced it just right. Nutrition was cool.
Post race
Warm down:

Nothing. Just drove back to the place I was staying and promptly went to sleep.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Um, probably the 100 miles I did as a warm up! :)

Event comments:

This is a beautiful city and I loved coming here. Can't wait to be back there for IMCdA. However this race seemed a little bit unorganized. Drink stops every two miles for a marathon? That didn't seem right. And no aid stations for the last 3 miles. And you had to run past the finish line to do a 1.5 mile loop before finishing. Talk about a momentum killer. But all in all it was a fun race. I'd do it again.

Last updated: 2008-05-27 12:00 AM
Running
02:52:00 | 13.1 miles | 13m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/135
Overall: 0/1003
Performance: Good
Course: Course was pretty flat. But a little zigzaggy and crazy. It was beautiful though a romp through residential streets and then along a path around the lake. But still a loopy course, easy enough to get lost. Plus they had like four races going on - a marathon, 1/2 mary, a 5K and then walkers for each event except for the 5K. Crazy.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-05-27 10:55 AM

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: Coeur d'Alene Marathon/1/2 Marathon

2008-05-27 11:30 AM
in reply to: #1425872

User image

Official BT Coach
Englewood, CO
Subject: RE: Coeur d'Alene Marathon/1/2 Marathon
Congrats O!  You will do great at IMCDA!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Coeur d'Alene Marathon/1/2 Marathon Rss Feed