Nashville, Tennessee
United States
Team Magic
Total Time = 1h 05m 50s
Overall Rank = 153/201
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 8/8
Pre-race routine:

Woke up after actually getting to sleep in my bed for the first time in several nights at 4am then stopped my a gas station and headed to Nashville which is about a hour away.Got to the race site and stood in line to get my packet. Then went and sat up my transition and then met up with Zeke, Chris, and a few new Bters. Man I enjoy meeting Bters. Then went to the pool and swam about 200 yards and got in line!
Swim
  • 03m 44s
  • 219 yards
  • 01m 43s / 100 yards
Comments:

it was a pretty good swim. Time trial start in a pool then a wen down and back several times. I passed 3 people in the swim which is usually my best event. I did get blocked for a bit but still not bad.
What would you do differently?:

Increase my swim training now that the pool is open.
Transition 1
  • 01m 32s
Comments:

This is a long transition. You leave the pool run out of the area down some steps and over to the transition which is in the parking lot. SHoes glasses and helmet on then out the door

I just need to learn to do a flying mount with the shoes on especially fo these shorter races.
Bike
  • 36m 58s
  • 8.5 miles
  • 13.80 mile/hr
Comments:

Time is with T2 as well. Still this is the event I dred. I am still so slow on my bike. I actally feel bad owning such a nice bike since I am so slow but oh well. Started out very fast and way to hard then hit one route where the wind was back in my face. Usually I am passed by tons of people but it took a while but did get passed by several but I actually passed a few people as well. Several rollers out here but again need to lose weight and ride more!

Lose weight and ride more(if you go back and read any of my RR you will see this comment every time!)
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Not a bad transition need to learn to take shoes of and leave on bike. Got there racked the bike hat shoes belt and away we go again!
Run
  • 23m 37s
  • 2 miles
  • 11m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

This is a very supported race. The run is a out and back through a neighboorhood and several people come out and cheer you on. My running was a bunch slower. I partied a little hard this weekend and I paid for it today. Walked a bunch on the run but still ok. I was not happy but not let down as well. Saw some more Bters out there and my Buddy Zeke who won 3rd in our division!Oh and talking about the neighborhood this one little fellow and his dad set up their own aid station giving out lemonade so of course I got a little cup and it made that little fellows day, Got to the finish shoot and tons of people crossed the line and another race in the books!

Run harder! I did not leave it all out there and for such a quick race I should have
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around talked with some friends, carried stuff to car because it looked like it was going to rain, had some pasta salad and watched more finishers.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

A bunch of 12 oz curls all weekend and need to just train more

Event comments:

Team Magic puts on a first class race and this one is so beginner friendly. i saw lots of kids out there under the age of 12 racing and it was so neat..until they passed me!LOL

Last updated: 2008-04-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:03:44 | 219 yards | 01m 43s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/8
Overall: 0/201
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting: