General Discussion Race Reports! » DeSoto American Triple T Race # 4 Team Time Trial Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

DeSoto American Triple T Race # 4 Team Time Trial - Triathlon1/2 Ironman

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Portsmouth, Ohio
United States
HFP
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 9h 15m 38s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Fe/Athena
Age Group Rank = 1/2
Pre-race routine:

Got to the race about 1 hr before the start. Felt a little sleepy but other wise OK and excited to get started
Event warmup:

Did my usual swim warmup to get used to thelake but I only just got wet when they called us out to start
Swim
  • 45m 57s
  • 2122 yards
  • 02m 10s / 100 yards
Comments:

water was cold but by not that was not a surprise. Swam strong and evenly. I had to stop and tread water once because I couldn't see, my goggles were so fogged up. I had never before in deep water done this so I tread water, rinse and the roll over on my back to put my goggles back on. And it worked just like I knew what I was doing! :) The rest of the swim was un-eventful
What would you do differently?:

Nothing
Transition 1
  • 03m 48s
Comments:

Trans. was not too bad and I jusst took my time because it was going to be a long day and I didn't want to get all over excited and cause myself to have prob. just I just did what I trained for and got out of trans in a reasonable time
Bike
  • 4h 48m 13s
  • 55.5 miles
  • 11.55 mile/hr
Comments:

I love this bike course..you have a bunch of roller at the beginning followed by "Godzilla" the long and gradually steeper climb up FR#1 with the switchbacks you can not tell where you are on the road so you just climb and keep hoping it will top out soon..the a steep down hill and some more hills and dales. and you get back to the park with a sigh of relief only to hve your brain register that OMG I have to do that again and now. :)

use someones elses legs...like Lance Armstrong or someone like that
Transition 2
  • 02m 32s
Comments:

overall good trans but I was ready to get off the bike
Run
  • 3h 36m 21s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 16m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

Well now gentle reader is were it gets ugly. I started the first lap and it was hard but I was not doing too badly not great but I was running and remembering not to slump and not run like a turtle.got back tto the trun around where thing started to go a little sideways. first I went to the bike turn around as I'm running to the cone I hear Shannon the RD "Chris, over here" and sure enough I was in the wrong place but I was at leat going the right directions so I changed course and went around the right cone and started on what was to become the "Death March" lap. I got to the first big hill and my right calf (that right the crampy one from yesterday) decied that it was just not going to cooperate and run and every time I stared to run it cramped. So I walked and shortly I caught up with Jenn and we walked together. She was having some issues with her quads so we stayd together and laughed about her invisible humming birds and lizard and the very real little snakes we saw. And finally after a life time and the slowest 1/2 Mary in my life we got to the finish and wrapped up another epic TTT race.

Not cramp up
Post race
Warm down:

Not much warm donw just took my stuff to the car and went home...now 3 dasy later I am feeling almost human again and although my legs and feet are still swollen I am looking foward to next years race.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Just me

Event comments:

I love this race and if you really want to challenge yourself you will try it sometime. HFP does it well and everyone is a winner that even attempts.

Last updated: 2008-01-25 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:45:57 | 2122 yards | 02m 10s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/2
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit: Ironman Instinct
Course: 2 laps of longer course
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 58F / 14C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 03:48
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
04:48:13 | 55.5 miles | 11.55 mile/hr
Wind:
Course: 2 loops of the hilly and hillier course.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence: 85
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:32
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Below average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
03:36:21 | 13.1 miles | 16m 31s  min/mile
Performance: Bad
Course: Same run course as the other races but 2 times
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2008-05-28 8:46 AM

User image

Expert
South eastern Ohio
Subject: DeSoto American Triple T Race # 4 Team Time Trial

2008-05-28 1:24 PM
in reply to: #1428046

User image

Champion
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Gold member
Subject: RE: DeSoto American Triple T Race # 4 Team Time Trial

Chris, epic race!!!  Way to slug it out on Sunday; the weather was obscene - staying nutritionated was every bit as tough as everything else!!!  Congrats on another TTT finish.

And yes, next time, there will be an in-person meeting!!!  And there will be a next time, too.  

2008-05-28 2:16 PM

User image

Expert
Washington Court House, Ohio

Great race.  Great training.  I don't get the title of this race.  Who was your Team?

2008-05-28 2:58 PM

User image

Expert
South eastern Ohio

Well that is the name of the race.....it started as a team event  in the beginning, oh so many years ago. But I was a team of one

Chris

2008-05-29 10:50 AM

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah
Great race this weekend Chris!  It sure was nice seeing you before each race began just to relax and help release the crazy energy.
2008-05-29 11:24 AM

User image

Champion
MA

Great job on a hard race at the end of long weekend.

I hope next year to be there for the fun 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » DeSoto American Triple T Race # 4 Team Time Trial Rss Feed