United States
82F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 37m 55s
Overall Rank = 252/297
Age Group = F 35-39
Age Group Rank = 24/27
Pre-race routine:

Got there early and immediately ran into my boss....he looked excited to be back to running a race.....my overnight guy showed up next and we waited anxiously for Jessica to get off her overnight shift and get there! She made it 15 min prior to the start and we dropped her goodies in my truck and lined up to start.
Run
  • 37m 55s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 12m 11s  min/mile
Comments:

Started off too fast...held a nice sub-11 pace for over half a mile. This wasn't smart and I tried to slow down. Made it through the first mile without walking.....had to succumb to occasional walking during mile 2...and by the last mile I was suffering. Poured water over my head at the 2.5 mile mark...but it didn't cool me off at all.
What would you do differently?:

Try and control myself at the start.
Post race
Warm down:

The other kids all finished before me...but thankfully I finished STRONG. We grouped together, had a few snacks, then headed to Village Inn for breakfast!

Event comments:

It was a GREAT time.....just seeing the pride in Damir's face was the best reward. Like me, he's a former fatty (I'm sure he was pushing close to 300# a few years ago) and he's lost a lot of weight and been sucked into the PT stuff at his gym...this was his first run outdoors and his first race and he went sub-30!!

It was Jessica's first race too...and she finished about 32 min....freakin' awesome and the first time she's ever run a consecutive 3 miles!!

I'm soooo proud of my staff!!!! During breakfast, we all planned to do another race together...maybe we can pick up a few more from work too!

Last updated: 2008-04-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:37:55 | 03.11 miles | 12m 11s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/27
Overall: 0/297
Performance: Average
Course: Lap around the south loop of Al Lopez park, then off to Himes Ave and round the north loop...one more lap of the south loop and back to the middle for the finish
Keeping cool Below average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?