General Discussion Race Reports! » Los Angeles Triathlon Championship Series #3 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Los Angeles Triathlon Championship Series #3 - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
San Dimas, California
United States
Tri Events
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 02m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Oatmeal and a banana and a 2 water bottles.
Event warmup:

Since I was the final leg of a relay I did a lot of relaxing in the shade. It was warm out yesterday so I didn't start warming up until the first women started coming in. Ran up to the parking lot and back. Just trying to say out of the way of other racers
Swim
  • 00m
  • 1640 yards
  • / 100 yards
Transition 1
  • 00m
Bike
  • 00m
  • 24.85 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

transition was put on the chip and go
Run
  • 51m 50s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 21s  min/mile
Comments:

My Garmin had died earlier in the morning so I only had my watch to go by. Kept a decent pace and tried to follow the racers in front of me. The course was marked but it could have been better. Felt really strong on the hills, I can see how challenging the course could be after a 24 mile bike and long swim.

Since I was running the relay I didn't have to worry about the other 2 legs and it was nice to just focus on the running leg. I PR'd the run (very excited) ran a sub 8:30min mile, was expecting to run 10 min miles because my legs haven't been cooperating and my training runs have been super slow. I'm glad that the run went well.

The course support was spotty. The boy scouts did a great job making sure racers got water but the high school "honor students" were barely alive with. One racer and I joked when we saw a kid asleep under and umbrella on the course. There were no course markers for distance and no one on the course knew, only a marker at 1 mile to go, would have been nice to know where you were.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing .... Can't beat a PR on a hilly course.
Post race
Warm down:

doused with a couple cups of water then tried to find the rest of the crew ... They weren't at the finish line because I expected it to take me more than 1 hour to finish the course. Walked around for 30 minutes, picked up gear then went back to finish line to see friends finish.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing

Last updated: 2008-05-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 1640 yards | / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Our swim was great from what I could see from the beach. The only issue I could see was the long course racers meet up with the short course racers at one point and it looked a little crowded
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:00:00 | 24.85 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Performance:
The bike leg went fine as well, I wasn't out there so there was no way for me to judge. Lots of good ups and downs. Transition was poorly run and there appeared to be a lot of crashes at the entrance/exit. I was not impressed that spectators were allowed to roam freely through the area.
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:51:50 | 06.21 miles | 08m 21s  min/mile
Performance: Good
Course: Course had some good hills and some trails where footing was important, got off to a decent pace. The course headed out of transition and then banked right and up a gradual hill across a dam and then went onto trails toward the north side of the lake, there were a couple of ups and downs on this section of the trail which let out in the park, it was flat for the next 3/4 - 1 mile where it weaved onto another trail that was rocky but shaded (hooray). We eventually let out to a paved trail that we stayed on for the rest of the race. This trail/road took us over one big hill and a smaller gradual hill before the finish line. The final 100 yards was across the grass.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-06-09 10:48 AM

User image

Master
San Diego, CA
Subject: Los Angeles Triathlon Championship Series #3
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Los Angeles Triathlon Championship Series #3 Rss Feed