Multisport Madness Triathlon Club
76F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 6h 30m
Overall Rank = 469/524
Age Group = 20-24
Age Group Rank = 25/26
Pre-race routine:

woke up around 4 am and took care of bathroom and tried to eat an english muffin with peanut butter but couldn't so i took a yogurt with me and left around 4:30
Event warmup:

Talked with my buddy who i conned into racing. it was both of our firsts. also i checked and rechecked my transition like 90 times
Swim
  • 07m 38s
  • 437 yards
  • 01m 44s / 100 yards
Comments:

wow i underestimated this swim 100% all my training was at a nice relaxed pace. i never even considered that with the pre race butterfly's and adreniline i would be be pushing my hardest. plus the crowded pool didn't help
What would you do differently?:

pace myself better. i admit i had to do some walking or even catch my breathe. i got too caught up in the oo im passing people to only later relize im passing people who were on the 2nd loop dont under estimate that it will be an easy swim!
Transition 1
  • 01m 52s
Comments:

this may have been my first triathlon but i was ready for T1. i had my shoes mounted and rubber banded. everything all laid out and i executed perfectly. only problem is i use a nose plug and that was lost but eh.

try not to lose gear
Bike
  • 53m 26s
  • 14.7 miles
  • 16.51 mile/hr
Comments:

the bike is the other area i thought i had covered but the swim took more out of me than i was expecting. my goal was to keep a 20mph pace but the swim took alot out of me and i couldn't hold my aero position as well as i though. that said I did enjoy it

practice more in my tri suit! one race wasnt enough and it didnt help that i switched to the adamo last week so im still dialing it in. also practice more high intensitiy riding. my race hr was about 20 bpm higher than an average training ride and im not sure if i was ready so intervals would help.
Transition 2
  • 01m 49s
Comments:

in transition i checked everything. but the padding in my shoes that came up. so in T2 i had to take the padding out of my shoe and re insert it. but other than that things went smooth helmet off hat on, pick up racing belt and go!

do a better check of my shoes!
Run
  • 53m 53s
  • 4.1 miles
  • 13m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

ok i cant run and i knew that. i tried to run but i would die so i resorted to a power walk. i would do a run here and there when other races told me too but it always went back to a walk. i did sprint the last turn though! as bad as my run time was i hit my goal of a 13 min mile perfectly. in my last month of training i knew i wouldn't become an amazing runner so i was just planning on a 13 min and i got that

lose some weight and eat better. i know its a sprint but i still didnt eat enough i think. oh and well train so i can run the whole course ;)
Post race
Warm down:

just tried to find water and walked around a little bit till my body started saying hey your in pain.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

maybe eat more but this was my first tri and i hit my goal of under 2 hours. im really quite happy with my results.

Event comments:

i dont have much to judge on but i loved this race. for my first one everything seemed to work and was well executed. my only issues were minor like i thought the transition area could have been swept so there was not as many asphalt pebbles and such but i mean when it came to the race time i didnt notice.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-02-29 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:38 | 437 yards | 01m 44s / 100yards
Age Group: 18/26
Overall: 379/524
Performance: Average
Suit: no
Course:
Start type: Run Plus: Shot
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:52
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:53:26 | 14.7 miles | 16.51 mile/hr
Age Group: 22/26
Overall: 402/524
Performance: Average
Wind: Little with gusts
Course: out and back in batavia but its my backyard so i train here
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering:
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:49
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Below average
Running
00:53:53 | 04.1 miles | 13m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 26/26
Overall: 508/524
Performance: Below average
Course: a run down the river
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2008-06-09 8:45 PM

chicago
Subject: Batavia Triathlon

2008-06-10 3:20 PM
in reply to: #1455766

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Chicago
Subject: RE: Batavia Triathlon

Hey Your'e a triathlete! - nice job in the transitions - The run was tough - long & hot.

Congratulations!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Batavia Triathlon Rss Feed