General Discussion Triathlon Talk » knee pain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-08-03 8:02 PM

denver co
Subject: knee pain
i have been running and weight training for a fair amount of time and i recently started cycling. i enjoy it immensely and want to increase my distance/time length but when i reach a certain distance/time (depending on terrain, pace, etc.) i have a sharp pain on the outside of my right knee near the ligaments/joint. my trainer suggested weights and stretches both of which have made no difference 6 months later.
what's the deal?

2003-08-04 4:48 AM
in reply to: #380

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: knee pain
Go to your nearest qualified bike shop and get them to see if your bike is set up or fitted to you. Even it originally was thing can sometimes change and the smallest change or difference can cause problems.

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-08-04 6:42 PM
in reply to: #380

Montgomery, AL
Subject: RE: knee pain
I had the same problem. Mine was Illiotibial band Syndrome (IT band). Get your doctors opinion, but mine was taken care of with some simple extra stretches. Mine would start somewhere between 10 to 15 miles into a ride and would hurt bad enough I would have to get my wife to come pick me up. But after getting my doctors opinion that there was nothing "broken," I looked up IT band syndrome and found some stretches. These are simple stretches but it worked. GOOD LUCK!!

Like Michael said, check your bike fit too. That can cause some problems too.

Edited by Bubba 2003-08-04 6:45 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » knee pain Rss Feed