Bellin
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 51m 7s
Overall Rank = 1586/8710
Age Group = F 19-24
Age Group Rank = 56/426
Pre-race routine:

Up at 5:30 to eat, get fluids down, & get ready to leave. Once parked & everything it was about 7:15.
Event warmup:

Does talking count?
Run
  • 51m 7s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

To begin, since Thursday my body has been feeling off. I felt sick to my stomach Thur. so I thought I had the touch of a virus. Now, my stomach is fine but my joint pain is really annoying me. Especially in my hips & my jaw. This is disappointing for my FIRST BELLIN RUN! So, my body wasn't feeling all that ready at the start line.
I started out too slow as I usually do by habbit, and should have picked the pace up at mile 2. Around mile 2 I was having some cramping issues, so I didn't want to have to walk because I picked the pace up. Instead, I freaked out once I realized I was at 25:00 at 3 miles. Then I made myself get moving faster. My cramps were feeling better too.
I was REALLY hoping for under 8 min miles, but given that I just worked in speed work last week & have not trained myself for faster running, the results make sense.
What would you do differently?:

Run faster in the beginning, more speed training.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked for a while, stretched & got stretched by the Bellin people/students which felt AMAZING. Talked with people....They asked my time & they're like WOW...and here I was all pissed off.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of speed training....if I want to run faster I have to train for that! Minor cramps, nothing like last weekend. My pathetic self??

Event comments:

My first time doing the Bellin and I'm impressed. The support to run this large of a race (4th largest in country?) is amazing. There were lots of people, and I had to do lots of moving around but overall it was pretty cool to see SO many people out. For a good cause, too. And, I go to Bellin for care so that's another plus.

Last updated: 2008-06-06 12:00 AM
Running
00:51:07 | 06.21 miles | 08m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 56/426
Overall: 1586/8710
Performance: Average
Course: Kind of a big loop, start & finish in same place.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-06-14 12:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Green Bay, WI
Subject: Bellin Run

2008-06-14 2:34 PM
in reply to: #1466567

Subject: RE: Bellin Run
Wow - you smoked it!  Awesome time!  Congrats on the race!
2008-06-15 9:58 AM

User image

Regular
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Yeah, excellent run!  Nice pace, well done!  Yes, it was my first Bellin, was kind of last minute.  I need to do a ton of speed and hill work..... sigh, a work in progress.    It really was a great run, with all the people cheering, that sure does help.  Keep going, you are doing great!
2008-06-15 6:24 PM

User image

Elite
Cheesehead, WI

Great race Megan! Give yourself a break woman! After feeling bad etc..you came in to smoke the race! wooop!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bellin Run Rss Feed