Canada
18C / 64F
Overcast
Total Time = 3h 10m 31s
Overall Rank = 98/144
Age Group = male 30-39
Age Group Rank = 34/37
Pre-race routine:

Warmup for next Saturday. First tri of the season, second all time, first olympic.

Got up, peanut butter jelly, banana,left at 6:30, race site at 7:00.
Event warmup:

swam for like 1 minute just to get my face in the cold water, thankfully not as cold as Friday night.
Swim
  • 32m 36s
  • 1500 meters
  • 02m 10s / 100 meters
Comments:

enjoyed it, felt good, congested, need to learn to draft. 3 laps kinda bites, I remember thinking in the first lap that this was just insane. Really happy with my time, gives me confidence for next weekend that I will at least get out of the water before the cutoff. Stumbled out of the water. I have heard that you are supposed to really kick the last little bit to get blood to the legs but I think that just tired me out and gave me a head rush when I got out.
What would you do differently?:

ease up a bit on the way in.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

not really sure, the bike time includes t1 and t2, 8 minutes total, happy with both, would guess t1 to be around 6. Spent too much time, didn't bother running to the place they let you get on the bike. Didn't put on sunscreen, lucky I did not get burnt, will have to put it on next weekend. Much better then last year at Chapperal, I almost had a picnic. Wish they had a stat for the t1 and t2 time though then I could know a little better how I did.

nothing
Bike
  • 1h 22m
  • 40 kms
  • 29.27 km/hr
Comments:

Took it easy on the bike because I was super concerned about the run, given my lack of training. My rank includes my t1 and t2 times, man some people must have been really moving, I felt pretty good about my bike time, about 10 of the really fast guys passed me, and I passed a couple guys, so I figure that a couple of people probably passed me in transition, not that it really matters

maybe push a little harder
Transition 2
  • 02m
Comments:

quicker than last one, got the shoes on and started running. Right foot numb, but cleared up pretty quick.
Run
  • 1h 07m 46s
  • 10 kms
  • 06m 47s  min/km
Comments:

Took it easy on the run, just a warm up for next week. Very happy with the run, even though it took me so long as I had not run in a long time. Walked through 8 water stations (15 sec each) and walked going up the hill each time (about 45 sec).
Post race
Warm down:

went to karate in the evening, relaxing class, luckily. Felt really good after, still felt pretty fresh, dont think my pulse got about 140 for any extended period of time.

Event comments:

no drinks at the end, stupid. no drink stations on bike but two on the run which was nice, only water though.

Looking forward to this Saturday, going to give the same effort on the swim and bike and the first 15 km of the run.

Last updated: 2008-06-15 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:32:36 | 1500 meters | 02m 10s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/37
Overall: 71/144
Performance: Good
Suit: nineteen no sleaves
Course: 3 loops
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 12C / 54F Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 00:00
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:22:00 | 40 kms | 29.27 km/hr
Overall: 80/144
Wind:
Course: 4 loops, up hill then down hill. Down hill was wicked, had to feather my brakes on the turn at the end. Hill was a bugger, my bike wouldn't shift into granny gear for the 20 meters or so I needed each lap, went to Speed Theory after and they fixed it up.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 02:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
01:07:46 | 10 kms | 06m 47s  min/km
Overall: 0/144
Course: course a little long 10.35 by the Gamen although my Garmen included the run from transition to the timing pad, 4 loops up and down a hill
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?