Sunny
Total Time = 26m 48s
Overall Rank = 301/719
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 53/101
Pre-race routine:

**ONE RANKING NOTE...OUT OF FEMALES IN 30-34, I WAS 10TH OUT OF 43**
76/319 for females overall

Walked to race site...what else should I do before this race? Thought about mom a lot.
Event warmup:

Stretched, did a couple minutes of jogging.
Run
  • 26m 48s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

Mile 1: 8:14
Mile 2:8:45
To End: 9:48

These are estimates as I have my watch at home. As you can see, pretty good mile pace (for me) on the first mile, and I did feel really good. Made sure I got up near the front, since I know that this race, if you get stuck in the back, it's really hard to break out. In between mile 1 and mile 2, I had a SERIOUS case of cotton mouth...so I actually grabbed water at the water stop, something I don't think I have done ever in this race...it was pretty warm, and there's not a lot of shade on this course. I also got a weird case of heartburn around this time...don't think that's ever happened to me in just a run race...but I burped a few times, and poof...it was gone. The infamous side pain...well, for the most part, I was able to keep that at bay, but I did feel after mile 2...wasn't sharp or anything, just made an appearance, and said, "Hello, I'm here, just so you know..." Because of this...I think I backed off a little, don't want me aggravating anything 1 week before my next tri.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe always have rolaids with me for every race instead of just tri's.
Post race
Warm down:

Grabbed my water that was still by the tree, and my sunglasses...ya, total mind blank...I turned in my bag to gear check, and walked away with my sunglasses on...not my racing ones, my everyday ones...so instead of walking all the way back to gear check, I stuck them in a tree, and voila, there they were 26 minutes later.

Then I left...just wanted to get home and see how my Cubbies were doing...ya, didn't have to hurry home for that nonsense...BOOO!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Cotton mouth, heartburn, illiopsoas pain.

Event comments:

As always, I run this race in honor of Ger, it's hard to believe it's been 10 years since she left us...would give anything just to hug her and tell her how much I love her and that she was the best mom in the world.

:)

Last updated: 2008-01-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:48 | 03.11 miles | 08m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 53/101
Overall: 301/719
Performance: Good
According to results page, this works out to be an 8:38 mile pace.
Course: Start along LSD on sidewalk, run down under bridge and onto Queen's Island (lived in Chicago my whole life, never knew that stretch along the lake was called this until today...)where we ran on the bottom part close to the water (same area we run on when we get out of the water for Accenture and run to transition) north to Randolph, turned around, and headed back South on the top part of the path, back under the bridge and finish where we started.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes