TigerShark Sprint Triathlon Series
88F / 31C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 0/95
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I did not race due to illness but I am logging this race report to let others know how the race was organized and run since it is the first race run by Tigershark events in this area.
Event warmup:

Parking at the main area (Rendon Park) was limited due to the location of the transition area. Additional parking was available directly across the street in a gated lot for a $5 fee. Additional parking also available within a block each way. If the event grows, parking may be an issue. Athlete check-in was smooth and the transition area was well marked. The event started on time at precisely 7:00am.
Swim
  • 00m
  • 437 yards
  • / 100 yards
Comments:

As you exit the water, you run directly up the beach toward land about 100 yards toward a wooden ramp. Once up the ramp, you run across a small concrete path toward the parking lot where the transition area is located. The path was kept clear at all times and the spectators were lined up at the top cheering all of the athletes.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

The transition area was a typical transition area and led west directly out of the parking lot and onto A1A where the bikers turned North.
Bike
  • 00m
  • 8 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Dismount was quick as the cyclists turned into the parking lot and entered the transition area. Exit back out to the east toward the shore and back down the ramp to the beach for the run.
Run
  • 00m
  • 3 miles
  •  min/mile
Post race
Warm down:

There was fruit, bagels, water, gatorade and massage tables. Also a coffee area catered by Cristopher Bean Coffee Company and a Bike display by Plan B Cycling along with a free massage area. Beach access showers were available and the finishing times were posted quickly. Emcee was timely with information and awards were promptly given out as soon as the last runner came in (about 8:30am).

Event comments:

This race was organized well and I did not see any issues, at all. The staff was polite, the volunteers were prepared to help and the spectators were very supportive. This race can only get better as more athletes participate. I am hoping to race in July at Series #2 but if I cannot race, I will volunteer because it is a lot of fun to be a part of.

Last updated: 2008-03-31 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 437 yards | / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/95
Performance:
Suit:
Course: An ocean swim with a group start from the beach. Two waves - one for men, the other for women. The course was well marked with a straight out swim, turn north, swim parallel to shore and then turn west and swim toward shore. There were several lifeguards on longboards in the water and one even moved through the water ahead of the first male swimmer.
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 78F / 26C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:00:00 | 08 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: The course led North on A1A (a busy 4-lane beach road) for about 2 miles and turned back South on A1A for about 4 miles and then back North for 2 miles back into the transition area. I wasn't able to see this but heard that police were all over the bike course insuring that the cyclists had the INSIDE lane to travel freely without interference from cars. I did not hear any cyclists complain about the any part of the bike course except having to turn around and pass the original spot before turning around again.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:00:00 | 03 miles |  min/mile
Performance:
Course: Beach run directly south for 1.5 miles and then back to the finish line. A beach run is pretty simple except that the slant of the shore, due to low tide, forced a runners' hips to be slightly off balance (one higher than the other). I spoke to several athletes after and they said it was a tough run because of the slant but also because the sun was VERY hot and it was only 7:45-8:15am!!
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-06-22 7:32 PM

User image

Expert
searching for the elusive runner's high!
Subject: TigerShark Sprint Tri Series #1
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » TigerShark Sprint Tri Series #1 Rss Feed