United States
USA Events Management
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 33m 27s
Overall Rank = 138/143
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 3/3
Pre-race routine:

Up early. Got the rest of the BEAR GANG up, Bert-Dylan's friend who wants to do a tri came with us, and headed to the race. Met and talked to some friends, Tri Cajuns, and BT friends in the parking lot. (Chris, Arron and his family.)
Event warmup:

Set up at the end of a rack. Went back a little later and there were ants all over my shoes and stuff. ARRRGGGHHHH! Walked around visiting and got the twins set up at a water stop. Walked to the pool and the minister said we needed to dedicate this race to someone. This one was for Al-he'd had fun at this race!!
Swim
  • 04m 35s
  • 164 yards
  • 02m 47s / 100 yards
Comments:

My swimming still kicks my butt! I am always glad to get out of the pool.
Transition 1
  • 09m
Comments:

UMMMMMM......running out of transition and I hear SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I had a flat on my front tire. ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!! I moved to the left of the mount line and changed my tube. It was funny and sad. I haven't changed a tire in a while.....the man sitting near the area. Said "I feel bad that I can't help you, but you may want to try doing......" I welcomed the verbal help. The boys ran up to see if I was okay and Bert said he'd taken a picture of me-but he thought I'd get mad. NOT!!! I finally got the bike together and there was 1 bike left in transition. (I was 97/153).
What would you do differently?:

NOT GET A FLAT!!!
Bike
  • 50m 38s
  • 14 miles
  • 16.59 mile/hr
Comments:

Passed half a dozen people or so-always encouraging them. Fun ride, I was just glad to be on my bike. On the rough area some poor man had a flat, I passed a lady who complained about the rough road and kept on going-with a smile on my face.

Hopefully, not get a flat!
Transition 2
  • 01m 30s
Comments:

Got back and there was no more spots on the rack. ARRRGGGHHHHH!!! Someone finally told me to go and grabbed my bike, that I had hung on the outer end of the rack. They also told me to take off my helmet. It was coming off, I ducked under the rack, took off my helmet, changed shoes, grabbed a water and ran.

Rack my bike faster.
Run
  • 26m 54s
  • 2 miles
  • 13m 27s  min/mile
Comments:

Bear, the twins, Bert, and others were cheering us on. Saw Chris getting ready to cross the finish line as I was leaving transition, saw Dylan and Arron's daddy a little while later. Dakota cheered me on throughout the route cutting through yards and fields. High fived some friends and called out encouraging words to most of the runners/walkers. Ran into the finishing area!

Train.
Post race
Warm down:

We were at a health club, so I went take a shower, drank water, got food, but it was too spicy, so I packed up. Visited with friends, met new friends, helped clean up after the race, waited for awards and door prizes. I never thought I'd get anything. I was talking to Robin, and they called my name. I thought I got 3rd, Dylan leaned over and said no you got 1st-miracles never cease. (There were 2 others in my age group but they are FAST and got overall placements.) Then I won a $50 gift certificate to a local restaurant. {Misplaced it-Dylan and I went to Wal Mart for car stuff, started looking for the cert. couldn't find it, couldn't find it in my car when I got home, so I decided to go back to the parking lot to see if I dropped it..........just drove in the driveway at home and checked the glove compartment.....THERE IT WAS!!!! IDIOT!!!!}

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training, swimming disability, flat tire.

Event comments:

Keith did a great job organizing this race, thanks. We had fun and look forward to doing Evangeline Du in St. Martinville with him soon!

Fun doing races with Dylan and BEAR. Good family time for all of us-the twins are good volunteers who look forward to doing a tri soon.

Last updated: 2008-06-04 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:04:35 | 164 yards | 02m 47s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/3
Overall: 3/143
Performance: Below average
Suit:
Course: Time trial start,with snake swim, 6 lengths X 25 yds.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Below average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 09:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:50:38 | 14 miles | 16.59 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/3
Overall: 0/143
Performance: Good
Transition time counts on race results. So my official race time was 1:01:57 with the flat tire changing.
Wind: Some
Course: South on La182 to turnaround, backe to Flag Station Road, right to I-49 Service Road then left, another left on H. Guilbeau Road, then right again on La182 back to transition area. Bad segment on the I49 Service road
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:30
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike
Racking bike Below average
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:26:54 | 02 miles | 13m 27s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/3
Overall: 0/143
Performance: Average
Course: Route went into an adjacent subdivision, made a huge loop, then out again.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-06-24 1:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Carencro, Louisiana
Subject: Yam City Triathlon

2008-06-25 2:48 PM
in reply to: #1486956

Veteran
Subject: RE: Yam City Triathlon
Great race Angel!
2008-06-25 2:53 PM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Way to go, mama bear!  You may want to fix the bike stuff, though -
50:38:00 | 14 miles | 0.28 mile/hr
2008-06-25 3:33 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, Texas
Podium, gift certificate, and tire changing experience - what more can you ask for? Great race and way to recover after the flat.
2008-06-25 4:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Carencro, Louisiana

Thanks everyone.  Bike stuff fixed.  It felt like 50 hours when I was changing my tire.  Kiss

ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!  We had a great time!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Yam City Triathlon Rss Feed