General Discussion Race Reports! » Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Women's Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Women's Tri - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log
Sugar Land, Texas
United States
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 30m 26s
Overall Rank = 215/300
Age Group = 50-54
Age Group Rank = 17/23
Pre-race routine:

Had my bike and bag loaded and ready to go the night before. Got up, ahowered, ate peanut butter on whole wheat toast and fruit snacks. Hit the road about 4:50am.
Event warmup:

Got my transition area set up then just walked around and checked out the site. Talked to some of the volunteers and watched some of the others warm up in the pool.
Swim
  • 07m 56s
  • 300 meters
  • 02m 38s / 100 meters
Comments:

I started off the swim good except forgot to focus on any of my mechanics. Did well until 150 meters when several women hanging on the wall decided to go before I made my turn. Wasn't able to get my rhythm back and unable to pass until the next wall. Then just not able to get back into my rhythm.
What would you do differently?:

Not let others throw me off. It would be nice to be able to practice in a longer pool like this one.
Transition 1
  • 02m 59s
Comments:

I don't know what happened here that it took me so long. I guess I just wasn't paying attention to getting in and getting out as quickly as possible.

Remind myself that the transitions are a part of the race and pay more attention to what I'm doing. (I need all the help I can get where I can get it!)
Bike
  • 37m 9s
  • 10 miles
  • 16.15 mile/hr
Comments:

All I could think of was that I need to learn to drink while I'm on the bike. I'm just still skittish after my accident. Other than that, I enjoyed the ride.

My husband says I need to get some biking shoes and it would make it easier and faster.
Transition 2
  • 01m 26s
Comments:

I already had my running shoes on and race belt so grabbed my bottle of water and iced down rag and took out.

Nothing really, except maybe mental preparation for the run. (I liked having my frozen rag to take with me.)
Run
  • 40m 53s
  • 3 miles
  • 13m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

I had a hard time keeping my heart rate down and all I could think about is "How could anyone enjoying running?". I walked a lot more than I would have liked and should have but just couldn't get into it. I did better on the last mile when I realized I had to opportunity to come in close to the time I had set for myself (1:30).

I need to change my attitude about running and work harder at it. And I need to figure out something to think about while I'm running other than "What am I doing here?"
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and snacked on bagel, banana, yogurt, and almonds.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My first transition and my attitude about the run. I think I need a bit more nutrition in the morning. Maybe a Clif bar or something like that. My last month of training has been a little sporadic since I was out of town twice for several days and the baseball schedule has been a little hectic.

Event comments:

I don't know why I felt a little disappointed with my race. I set my goal for 1:30 (which I thought would be really pushing it) and only came in 25 seconds over my goal. Maybe I need to try a run based plan.

Last updated: 2008-05-23 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:56 | 300 meters | 02m 38s / 100meters
Age Group: 8/23
Overall: 0/300
Performance: Average
Suit: Orca one piece trisuit
Course: 50 meter pool at First Colony Aquatic Center. Down and back, under the rope x 3 lanes.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:59
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:37:09 | 10 miles | 16.15 mile/hr
Age Group: 18/23
Performance: Average
Wind: Little
Course: Loop out and back. Nice ride through a neighborhood with a few little changes in elevation.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:26
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:40:53 | 03 miles | 13m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 17/23
Performance: Below average
Course: Loop through neighborhood and First Colony Park with lots of shade.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-06-24 8:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX
Subject: Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Women's Tri
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Women's Tri Rss Feed