General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I don't know what I was thinking Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-02 9:34 AM

User image

Pro
the Alabama part of Pennsylvania
Subject: I don't know what I was thinking

Around the same time this year that I decided that 10 years was a long enough break from tri's, one of my climbing friends asked me to join him to attempt to summit Grand Teton.  So I was trying to combine both my tri training with climbing/hiking/mountaineering training.  We didn't quite have the mojo to get all the way up, but we did get to a little over 12000 feet.  But I plunged several times in snow up to my hip, hyperflexing my bad knee, and also got pretty well banged up on my shins with the rocky parts.  So now my running is probably out of the question for about a week or two! And I am afraid I will scare small children and dogs at the pool with the sight of my scarred legs! And my legs feel generally shot for cycling!

So I guess the lesson I learned is "Don't try to take up a new activity when in training". At least I didn't smash my face with the ice axe the way I did when I tried ice climbing a few years ago...

2008-07-02 9:50 AM
in reply to: #1503823

User image

Expert
Tempe, Arizona (hot hot hot)
Subject: RE: I don't know what I was thinking

Hell besides the banging yourself up sounds to me to be an ok adventure. And the kids may be imberassed now but latter they will bragg they have a cool parent that does cool stuff.

Good luck with your recovery.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I don't know what I was thinking Rss Feed