NY Road Runners
9F / -13C
Overcast
Total Time = 56m 57s
Overall Rank = 704/2125
Age Group = 20-29
Age Group Rank = 98/497
Pre-race routine:

None. Jogged maybe two miles before hand but went to the 86th and lex NYSC prior to the race to get some ABs in and also to stay out of the cold!
Event warmup:

NOne, just jogged over to the race line. Just as I got there, the race started. So I was literally sitting on the back of the bus, leading the back!
Run
  • 56m 57s
  • 7 miles
  • 08m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

This sucked. Never been in a more painful fucking race. It was not fun, too cold, no leg power, nothing went right in this race. This was just about the worst I could expect to race. For gods sake, I run faster on the treadmill.
What would you do differently?:

I was dressed as well as I could dress, except my fingers were god damn frozen. I was actually worried about possible frostbite in the race. 9 fucking degrees for a race is just not fun.
Post race
Warm down:

None, just jetted to get the fuck home. 9 degrees for a race is just not very fun!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

God damn 9 degrees out there. Also, previous night I had a spin class so my legs were shot even before I ran the race. Did not really do much in terms of race preparations or rest.

Event comments:

Too cold. No water in the race as well because all the god damn water was freaking FROZEN. But that's why it's a winter race!

Last updated: 2005-01-23 12:00 AM
Running
00:56:57 | 07 miles | 08m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 98/497
Overall: 704/2125
Performance: Below average
Mile 1 - 9:01 Mile 2 - 8:47 Mile 3 - 8:02 Mile 4 - 7:54 Mile 5 - 7:43 Mile 6 - 8:00 MIle 7 - 7:29 Total 56:57 Avg - 8:08
Course: 99th Street, go over Harlem Hills and race onto West Drive, then Looped back at around 85th Street, then did a clockwise run around the 4-mile middle loop. Finished on 99th and East Drive
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 1
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes