General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Tri completed! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-08-05 7:32 AM

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Subject: First Tri completed!
On a whim I entered into a tri while visiting family in Illinois. It was a small sprint distance in an even smaller Illinois town. I'll try to throw together a race report in the next day or so, but for now I'll just throw out the generals.

Swim had the least amount of training and it showed. I turned in a 17+ minute split and I was tired.

T1 was a comedy of errors, in an attempt to save time I attached my shoes to my bike. I had never actually practiced it this way. T1 split 3 minutes

Bike I did ok. I was riding my mountain bike but so were alot of other people. I turned in a time of 49+ minutes on the bike.

T2 went smoother than T1. I was off the bike and running within 90 seconds.

Running is something that I can do well. I have been running for awhile and after shaking off the biking legs, I started to fly. I passed alot of people during the run and I turned in a very respectable 17:54 time. This is my PR by over a minute.

Overall I was happy with my times . With limited swim training and not alot of bike training under my belt, I was happy just making it to the run I did learn that doing a tri "on a whim" is not a good idea, at least not while you are 6.5 hours from home! I spent an entire Saturday and about $100 buying stuff that I would need. I did enjoy the event and I am thinking that this could the sport that I have been looking for!

***Changed the Bike time to 49 minutes. 39 is wishful thinking.

Edited by JayC 2003-08-05 10:30 AM

2003-08-05 9:01 AM
in reply to: #397

User image

Champion
Subject: good job!

hey, sometimes u just have to do things on a whim.  spontenaiety is the spice of life...or one of them.  great job with your pr on the run...i would tend to think one would not hit pr's after the swim and bike.

looking forward to the rr.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Tri completed! Rss Feed