General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Midwest Meltdown cancelled? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-14 9:24 AM

User image

Veteran
Kansas City (Roeland Park)
Subject: Midwest Meltdown cancelled?

The following was taken from the Midwest Meltdown website 07/14/08.

Due to recent budget cuts by the Unified Government of Wyandotte County the 2008 Midwest Meltdown Triathlon will no longer be held at Wyandotte County Lake. KLM would like to thank the Unified Government for the years of sponsorship and support in making the Meltdown a success. The KLM staff is currently working on an alternate location for the event. We feel confident that a new venue will be secured in the near future.

Online registration is temporarily closed until further notice. If an athlete is pre-registered they will be notified directly by KLM with any updates or changes. We ask that athletes check this site frequently for venue updates. Thank you for supporting our events and sponsors.

2008-07-14 9:59 PM
in reply to: #1527362

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, Kansas
Subject: RE: Midwest Meltdown cancelled?
I wanted to race that one. I did not register tough. I am hoping that they will find another venue. I would hate to see us loose a race in town. Kansas City needs a good triathlon besides Shawnee Mission and Ironman Kansas. There are some very pretty lakes and parks around here.
2008-07-15 6:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Kansas City (Roeland Park)
Jackson County is a good one.  I was scheduled to do the Big O in Olathe but it was canceled this year due to a bridge under construction.  Heritage Park is a little farther south.  Leavenworth.  There are a number of events in and around the city if you look.  Check KLM .
2008-07-15 6:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, Kansas
I know. I race all of them.With exception Of Ironman Kansas none are like Accenture Chicago or maybe Hyvee Des Moines or any other Lifetime Fitness tris. SM and Heritage are well organized races but relatively small. KLM events are known around here to be lacking. As I have said I don't want to see us loosing any race.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Midwest Meltdown cancelled? Rss Feed