Dallas Athletes
80F / 27C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 19m 48s
Overall Rank = 60/283
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 14/41
Pre-race routine:

Nothing really different... ate a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Drank lots of water and a red bull 30 mins before start.
Event warmup:

Ran for about 5 mins just to get the heart pumping. I thought about swimming but didn't want to make the trip down to the lake.
Swim
  • 25m 53s
  • 1500 yards
  • 01m 44s / 100 yards
Comments:

Felt real strong... didn't really get tired and was able to push myself a little the last 500 yards. Chop wasn't bad until we made the first turn then it picked up. It seemed like the group really didn't thin out during the race, so I was constantly being hit or hitting someone throughout. I tried to draft the whole time, and the jury is still out on how effective that was. My goal was to get out of the water around 0:25:00 and started running on the beach around 0:25:30, so only 30 secs off my goal.
What would you do differently?:

I didn't really sight that much... I just followed the swimmers around me, so that I could focus on my technique. This was helpful, but I did follow two guys off course. I probably could have shaved 30 secs to 1 min if I stayed on course perfectly.
Transition 1
  • 01m 51s
Comments:

Didn't put on socks which seemed to help. I put on my glasses first and then helmet which seemed pretty smooth. I think it was my fastest T1 time so far. I couldn't clip in though for the life of me.

Nothing
Bike
  • 1h 03m 16s
  • 23 miles
  • 21.81 mile/hr
Comments:

Pushed my self pretty hard. Stood up on the hills and maintained a good cadence throughout. I don't think I could have pushed myself harder without blowing up. My goal was to stay above an AVS of 21 and I met that. Man there were some fast guys out there.

Nothing
Transition 2
  • 01m 1s
Comments:

Didn't wear a shirt for the bike and run which helped with time. Putting on the socks did add a few seconds, but not much.

Nothing
Run
  • 47m 49s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 07m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

Felt like I was moving slower than I was. My goal was to finish in less than 50 mins and beat that so I'm happy. I could see the guys in my AG passing me at the end and I just couldn't go any faster. One guy passed me the last 50 yards and all I could do is just wave. I pushed it as hard as I could. If I would have tried to push it harder earlier, I think I would have had to walk. One guy passed me moving pretty good and I tried to jump and follow him. I got a side stitch which luckily went away.

Nothing... I could say push it harder at the end, but I had nothing left in the tank.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and drank water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing really... just work on overall speed.

Event comments:

I'm now debating on whether or not to just go back to clydes. I've been busting my butt to get my weight down, losing muscle along the way, to see if I can be more competitive in my AG. I thought for sure my time would have placed me higher than 14th, given that the TMan 5th place finisher for 2007 was a little under 02:24:00. Oh well... I try to really suck it up, or I focus on putting my muscle mass back on and race clydes. I'm at 189

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-02-13 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:25:53 | 1500 yards | 01m 44s / 100yards
Age Group: 19/41
Overall: 0/283
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:51
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
01:03:16 | 23 miles | 21.81 mile/hr
Age Group: 11/41
My bike computer had an AVS of 22.3
Wind:
Course: Smooth for about half the course, and then you got into chip seal and bumps for the rest. It did start to sprinkle a bit and I almost bit it coming around a corner.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:01
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:47:49 | 06.2 miles | 07m 43s  min/mile
Age Group: 11/41
Course: pretty flat... most of it was covered until you got out on the road.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-07-14 9:51 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lewisville
Subject: Disco Triathlon

2008-07-14 9:10 PM
in reply to: #1527473

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Subject: RE: Disco Triathlon
stay a non clyde, it's healthy for you and... aw  who am I kidding I just dont' want the competition ... you still had a great race out there
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Disco Triathlon Rss Feed