General Discussion Triathlon Talk » WHICH ONE? - Scott Contessa CR1 Pro or Scott Contessa Plasma Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-14 10:31 AM

Subject: WHICH ONE? - Scott Contessa CR1 Pro or Scott Contessa Plasma
 I've won!! Cool

I've won a Scott bike competition and now have the choice of two bikes the Scott Contessa Plasma or the Scott Contessa CR1 Pro but which one should I choose? I am very new to triathlon having just completed my first two Sprints on a decrepit 10yr old mountain bike. I see that the Plasma is the pricier of the two but is a tri-specific bike really suitable for a newbie like me? I am going to the store tomorrow to try them both what should I take into consideration?

Your thoughts and advice would be very much appreciated

Kind Regards

2008-07-14 3:34 PM
in reply to: #1527677

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: WHICH ONE? - Scott Contessa CR1 Pro or Scott Contessa Plasma

Well, the plasma is a time trial bike and the CR1 is a road bike.  Two completely different styles of bikes.

If you are looking for something to use only for triathlons then the Plasma is the way to go.  With that said, I recently bought a used CR1 frame as my road bike and I really enjoy how crazy light it is and still very stiff.

Congrats on your "win" and welcome to BT!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » WHICH ONE? - Scott Contessa CR1 Pro or Scott Contessa Plasma Rss Feed