General Discussion Triathlon Talk » MN Tri-Club/Gear West tri-club Century Ride Saturday Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-23 6:09 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Minnetonka, MN
Subject: MN Tri-Club/Gear West tri-club Century Ride Saturday
Date: Saturday July 26, 2008
Time: 7:15 am - 7:15 am
Notes: 2nd Century Ride - MN Tri Club/GW Tri Club

RSVP: Art Jacobson - [email protected] by NOON Friday, July 25th - state you are "in GW tri club", and email Art if you have questions.

WHO: entire tri community, families, and friends are invited -- $10 fee for non-members plus necessary form filled out.

WHAT: July's ride will be on our popular Southwestern Route. This is an
out-and-back ride on country roads with great shoulders. Since it's an
out-and-back ride, you can ride as little or as much of the route as you
want to. There will be 2 aid stations: Jordan and Montgomery -
approximately at miles 21 & 40 on the way out and miles 60 & 79 on the way
back. Each aid station will have energy bars, gels, water, Gatorade powder,
fruit, pretzels, cookies, extra bike tubes, CO2 cartridges, sun block, bug
spray, hand wipes and more. As with all of our rides, an experienced rider
will ride at the back of the group up until the first aid station so that
you won't get lost or be dropped. All you need to do is ride and have fun.
This ride is always well attended, so don't be left out!

Is anyone else going to be doing this ride? I am in, as my training for IMOO is really off-track with the newborn, and I need to get at least one good, long ride in while I am still off work.

2008-07-23 8:48 PM
in reply to: #1553920

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: MN Tri-Club/Gear West tri-club Century Ride Saturday
Unfortunately I can't do this ride but it is a good route.  Have been riding parts of it for the past 3 days straight.  Lots of good rollers and some pretty decent climbs coming out of Jordan.  Try not to pay too much attention going through Montgomery.  For some reason that town always depresses me.  Enjoy.
2008-07-24 9:41 PM
in reply to: #1553920

User image

Master
, Minnesota
I'm on track for a century, but will be doing it Friday instead. Thx for the notice.
2008-07-25 11:19 AM
in reply to: #1557781

User image

Extreme Veteran
Minnetonka, MN
leapdog - 2008-07-24 9:41 PM

I'm on track for a century, but will be doing it Friday instead. Thx for the notice.

At least you are "on track." I feel like with the baby training is just not happening.....and, to be honest, the baby (and my wife, who needs some sleep!!!) is more important than training.

I guess I should be happy that I built a really good base biking to work, because I am going into IMOO under-trained.

Going in knowing I'm under-trained should make it easy for me to just take it easy, enjoy the IM atmosphere, and have fun. The main reason I signed up was to get in shape and lose about 40 pounds, and I already did that, so I am going to try not to worry about the actual race.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » MN Tri-Club/Gear West tri-club Century Ride Saturday Rss Feed