General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Adjusting a training plan Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-07-26 10:19 AM

User image

Expert
Boca Raton, FL
Subject: Adjusting a training plan

I am currently using a 20 week HIM plan and so far i can follow it pretty closely with the days.  But, how bad is it if I move around the days to fit my scehdule.  For instance, next week I am scheduled to have off wednesday, but I do Masters that day, and it has me swim and run on Thursday..I planned on running Thursday morning ..so I would actually be moving my swim to Wednesday, and not taking a day off until Sunday...

Is that ok, or am I hurting myself from not following the plan more closely.  

I wil say that I was suposed to take today off and bike 2 hrs tomorrow, but instead did the bike today.  I was still a bit sore from the past 2 days of running and I am sure that's why my bike wasn't as storng as it could have been if I had waited.

Any thoughs? 

2008-07-26 10:30 AM
in reply to: #1561079

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: Adjusting a training plan

It is okay to move things around so it flows better but ideally you don't do runs back to back days. Other thing you want to do is keep the load equal..if masters is wed swim wed but you'll need to swap wed's training to Tuesday.

Ideally I would suggest looking at your plan a week at a time and lay it out to flow best for your life keeping intent the same but fitting it into your life.  

If you move things to make it fit your life it is one thing; if you are moving them since you are tired seems like you need more rest and skip workout not trying to make it up in the next day or two. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Adjusting a training plan Rss Feed