General Discussion Triathlon Talk » anyone else dealing w/ bad air quality? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-02-01 6:12 PM

User image

molto veloce mama
Subject: anyone else dealing w/ bad air quality?
for the first time i can remember, we have 'unhealthy air quality' in minnesota. since i have asthma, i'm shifting my run to thursday, and will be biking tonight instead in our basement (where i can breathe in healthy radon, right?). disappointed, since i was really looking forward to my run too since its warming up (which is part of the problem, the warm air is causing fog which is causing the pollution to stick around)...not to mention just being disgusted by the whole idea. our poor mama. we're planning on going (mostly) car free by the spring, and this just adds more fuel to my engines (pun intended):

http://wcco.com/localnews/local_story_032111235.html

2005-02-01 7:06 PM
in reply to: #111286

User image

Los Angeles, CA
Subject: RE: anyone else dealing w/ bad air quality?
Yes LA is notorious for bad air quality. Early morning seems to be cleaner than evening, that's what it feels like I'm not sure if the air is actually better. My next car will be a hybrid and the one after that -- hydrogen. Better air and less noise pollution.
Z.
2005-02-01 7:55 PM
in reply to: #111286

User image

Extreme Veteran
Oregon
Subject: RE: anyone else dealing w/ bad air quality?
We have had a history of bad air every now and then. In the summer it can be from forest fires. In the winter, they use to have some kind of oxygenated gas to help the engines burn cleaner. Also, the county has some burning restrictions (for heat in homes).

I hate when you can't see the mountains because of the smoke. :-(

Randy

Edited by Blacktoe 2005-02-01 7:56 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » anyone else dealing w/ bad air quality? Rss Feed