Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

Rode half a mile to the start.
Bike
  • 3h 47m 48s
  • 62 miles
  • 16.33 mile/hr
Comments:

It was raining heavily as I set off and made the first few miles through narrow country lanes quite tricky. It soon brightened up and the weather stayed good for the rest of the race.

I felt really good all day and I was flying up the climbs, which for the first half of the race were fairly long but not excessively steep so I was able to spin a high cadence which suits me better than having to mash up the short sharp climbs.

I was a little worried during the middle of the ride that I had started too fast but I was able to hold a good pace throughout the ride and at around 20 miles to go I started to crank up the pace and by the end I was hammering as hard as I possibly could.

---------------------------------

At the finish there was a competition where they had a bike set up with a power meter and the aim was to ride as hard as possible for 1 minute then your power to weight ratio was calculated. I had two goes at this. The first I had to stop after 30s because the power meter broke. On the second go I set the highest P/W ratio and this would hold for the rest of the day. I won a helmet :)

On this attempt I also banged my knee off the frame and cut it open and although it was only a small cut blood kept pouring out like crazy, presumably because my HR was pretty much maxed out.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing
Post race
Warm down:

Nothing

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing

Event comments:

An excellent race over a very nice course. There were marshals at all the major junctions and they even had Police controlling the traffic at the start.

The best organised event that I have been to so far and also great post race activities (made better by the fact that I won the competition of course:))

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-07-28 12:00 AM
Biking
03:47:48 | 62 miles | 16.33 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/175
Performance: Good
Ave HR = 147 Max HR = 177
Wind: Some
Course: 62 miles (100km) with 6760ft (2061m) of climbing with a maximum gradient of 25%.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence: 96
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right