General Discussion Race Reports! » LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Chicago, Illinois
United States
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 57m 59s
Overall Rank = 2971/8740
Age Group = M30-34
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up about 4:30am. Had two frozen ego waffles and a bottle of Infinit. Drove down to the race with my wife and met up with a friend by the tents on lower Hutchinson field. Hung out there until about 6:15 and got in line for the start of the race. The race was setup to go off in self seeded waves. They had signs up for 5 minute mile pace - 13 minute mile pace. I got into the 9 minute mile pace.
Event warmup:

Did some light stretching and walking around.
Run
  • 1h 57m 59s
  • 13.28 miles
  • 08m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

Course started out going south from Grant Park. Went through McComrick Place and out onto Lake Shore Drive going south. When we got to around 51st we got off Lake Shore Drive and headed to the running path. We wrapped under Lake Shore Drive and continued south until 57th street. We turned around north on the running path and headed back to Grant Park. Both my wife and I had the course being about 3/10 of a mile long (13.45).
What would you do differently?:

I used this race as one of my last long runs before IMKY. My legs were tired from a long brick session the day before. I took it easy on the first half of the run and averaged about a 9:15 mile. I picked it up around mile 7 and ran closer to an 8:45 pace for the last 6 miles. If they can get the distance correct this is an easy course to get a PR on as it is very flat.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked pack to the fields to meet up with my wife. She smoked my by 11 minutes so she was waiting for me.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Long brick session the day before and IM training

Event comments:

I thought it was a fairly average race. I would have put it higher if they could have gotten the distance correct. They had pleanty of aid stations and volunteers. With the stagered start it really wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be.

Last updated: 2008-08-07 12:00 AM
Running
01:57:59 | 13.28 miles | 08m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/8740
Performance: Average
Course: South on Lake Shore Drive from Grant Park to 51st. Then under Lake Shore Drive on the running path continuing south until 57th. Turned north and headed back on the running path to Grant Park. Course was offically measured by CDC at 13.2762
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-08-11 10:05 AM

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic Rss Feed