General Discussion Race Reports! » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
United States
JMC Partners
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 35m 9s
Overall Rank = 235/634
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 39/79
Pre-race routine:

Alarm went off at 3:30...ugh! Got to the parking area at about 5. Tried to catch a shuttle bus to the race site and after missing about 4 busses, finally got on one. Got to the race site at about 5:30 so we had a half hour till they closed transition. We got set up then headed for the insane line to the extremely limited amount of port-o-potties. We made it to the start with about 5 minutes to spare. whew!

Event warmup:

None.
Swim
  • 27m 12s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 40s / 100 yards
Comments:

I really had it in my head to pay special attention to sighting because the 2nd leg of the swim was directly into the sun. Only really had one problem when I saw a kayak and thought it was a bouy and started heading toward that. Then I saw it moving and realized "Agh! that's a kayak" Slight readjustment put me back on course.
What would you do differently?:

Not much. This is by far my best swim ever. I swam hard and really hammered at the end.
Transition 1
  • 03m 8s
Comments:

Very average. My transitions always seem to be about a minute longer than I would like.
Bike
  • 1h 08m 5s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 21.90 mile/hr
Comments:

Felt ok for the bike. It started off with a pretty good hill. I'm from Chicago, I'm not used to any hills so I was panting from the get go. I kept a decent pace going and passed tons of people. It's taken some time to be the one passing instead of getting passed. There were some elite athletes who passed soooooo close to the left that I swear they almost touched me. If you're going to pass that close.....call out. Not too much to ask I think. I was very happy with my time though. It's definately my best bike ever.
Transition 2
  • 02m 23s
Comments:

I don't know how I could possibly spend this much time taking my helmet off and slipping on the running shoes.
Run
  • 54m 24s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

This is always my worst leg of the race. It was a pretty exposed run so it started to get pretty darn hot out. I pushed myself hard on the bike and it took me a bit to get going on the run. I don't think I drank enough on the bike cause I started to get extemely thirsty on the run. Couldn't wait for the water stops. Had to stop at mile 5 and walk the water stop. Ugh! Made it through the last mile and finished with a PR!! YES!
Post race
Warm down:

Sat in the sun and drank some water and gatorade. Stretched a little. It's such a nice atmosphere at this race so it was nice to just chill out a little afterwards instead of hustling to get out of there. There was also a bike ride back to the car and I wasn't so anxious to get back on the bike. So we hung out a bit.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The run.

Event comments:

A great race. The ONLY complaint I have is the lack of port-o-potties. I know the port-o-pottie line is part of race morning but this was rediculous. The line was insane. It was definately a cause for some grumbling in the morning. Other than that the race was fantastic. I'm sure I'll do it again.

Last updated: 2008-08-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:27:12 | 1640 yards | 01m 40s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/79
Overall: 0/634
Performance: Good
Suit: Sleeveless
Course: Triangle with bouys on the right.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:08
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:08:05 | 24.85 miles | 21.90 mile/hr
Overall: 222/634
Performance: Good
Wind:
Course: 2 laps
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 02:23
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:54:24 | 06.21 miles | 08m 46s  min/mile
Overall: 343/634
Performance: Average
Course: Hot
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-08-18 1:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Buffalo Grove, IL
Subject: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race

2008-08-18 2:26 PM
in reply to: #1611045

User image

Master
Living in the past
Subject: RE: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race

Great race. Good day for it too, save for the direct sunlight (last year was a bit more trying weather-wise).

A practice swim offers one the opportunity to avoid the porto-let line (under certain conditions), or so I'm told....

2008-08-18 2:45 PM
in reply to: #1611045

User image

Expert
Mukwonago, WI
Subject: RE: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race

^^^^^^^

Yes, I've tried heard that too.

Great race by the way!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race Rss Feed