General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Question on using Perpetuem for IM Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2008-08-21 7:58 AM
in reply to: #1612712

Regular
Subject: RE: Question on using Perpetuem for IM

A 3 hour bottle for me is six scoops and I've always mixed it in a blender or a shaker.  If there's 6 scoops in the bottom of a "dry" bottle is there any problems with clumping?  Do they make a battery operated blender?

2008-08-21 8:09 AM

User image

Expert
Mine clumps too, I like to mix it the day before & refrid. the mix, it seems to 'unclump' that way. I don't think I could mix on the fly, I'd fall off my bike from shaking it so much!!
2008-08-21 8:22 AM

User image

Expert
Zürich, Switzerland

Guys, today I did my last long ride before the IM and I used a 2hrs bottle Perpetuem with 150gr powder in it. I frozen it yesterday night, went out and start using it at 2nd hr mark. Great taste! No issue at all and my stomach did not react at all without any noise or the tipical effects after eating bars or gels on the bike. I was wondering if I was taking calories enough!

Definetely I will prepare a 3hrs bottle for the race and ask the hotel at the venue to freeze it for me. Then I will take it in the morning at the reception, put it in the portable fridge box and keep it cool in the transition area until I wear the neoprene for starting the race. It should last 3-4hrs without any problem. The resting 2-3hrs race: 1st hr just water and a gel, 5th hr 3x hammer gel and the remaining of the 6th hr still a gel plus gatorade

On sunday I will try Perpetuem at breakfast and see... 

2008-08-21 12:35 PM
in reply to: #1618155

User image

Extreme Veteran
bearvb - 2008-08-21 8:58 AM

A 3 hour bottle for me is six scoops and I've always mixed it in a blender or a shaker.  If there's 6 scoops in the bottom of a "dry" bottle is there any problems with clumping?  Do they make a battery operated blender?

Good point. It is a little difficult to get "clump free". It takes very vigorous shaking but I can do it. Here is a possible solution...it may take a minute or two but in an IM a minute or two for proper nutrition compared to having issues due to not having the proper nutrition is nothing.

Take a baggie with the Perp in it...fill an empty water bottle half way with water...dump in half of perp...shake/mix...add second half of water and perp...shake/mix and top off with water till full. That is the method I use at home so it should work on the road as well.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Question on using Perpetuem for IM Rss Feed  

of 2