General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Is anyone doing the Concord/Manchester Tri at Clough State Park? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-21 9:46 AM

User image

Master
Western MA near the VT & NH border on the CT river
Subject: Is anyone doing the Concord/Manchester Tri at Clough State Park?

I just got closed out of the Hyannis sprint and I want to do a race that weekend since I've been training for it and its the only free weekend I have in September.  My race buddy doesnt want to do it, (said the swim was too far, but its the same as Hyannis???) It also looks like my wife may not be able to come as well, (horse feeding commitment) so I just want to see what the 'vibe' is like there since it looks like I'll be doing the race solo. 

Thanks all

From the tri-corner of MA/NH/VT.

2008-08-21 10:12 AM
in reply to: #1618449

User image

Expert
Haddam, CT
Subject: RE: Is anyone doing the Concord/Manchester Tri at Clough State Park?
I've done this race three times - very fun! The swim isn't very far and the lake is warm and (mostly) clear.  The park is really gorgeous!  The bike is hilly for the first half, then you cruise.  Some rough pavement, but this may have been fixed recently.  Trail run on fireroad, out and back, some shade.  Cheeseburgers afterwards.  A very family-focused race (there's a kids race, too).  The vibe is low-key and fun, as this is many folks' last tri o' the season.  Capped to a small amount, too (400?  500?)  Transition very easy to navigate - last year it was wherever you wanted to put your bike.  The bike course goes through some nice rural areas. 
2008-08-21 3:01 PM
in reply to: #1618449

User image

Master
Western MA near the VT & NH border on the CT river
Subject: RE: Is anyone doing the Concord/Manchester Tri at Clough State Park?
Thanks.  Just signed up and rented a wetsuit.  Like the 9am start too.  means I can leave my house at 6am and still be early for the 7:30 check in.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Is anyone doing the Concord/Manchester Tri at Clough State Park? Rss Feed