Endorfun
76F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 764/988
Age Group = M30-34
Age Group Rank = 51/56
Pre-race routine:

Not enough time. I missed the cutoff to rack my bike the night before. Got to transition area about 10 minutes before race start. The good thing though, I didn't have enough time to get nervous either.
Event warmup:

Not enough time. Stretched a little on my way to swim start
Swim
  • 13m 47s
  • 581 yards
  • 02m 22s / 100 yards
Comments:

Train for the swim next time, especially with wetsuit.
Transition 1
  • 04m 1s
Comments:

The wetsuit strippers really made this part easy. I don't think I could have gotten the suit off without their help. I had some problem catching my breathe after the swim. Most of this time was spent slowing my heart rate and breathing down. I also stretched my legs a bit before heading out, on the bike.
What would you do differently?:

The swim definetly had a lot to do with my transition.
Bike
  • 59m 34s
  • 15 miles
  • 15.11 mile/hr
Comments:

Felt great on the bike. Had some issues with gearing. Couldn't shift into lowest gear ring on the big hills. Slower than I could have going up. Also, didn't have clip in pedals. Sneakers. Could have gone faster on bike. Hydration was okay, didn't feel dehydrated. Brought one bottle of water and one bottle of GU20 Orange burst. Had one GU Tri-Berry on bike.

I'm getting road cycling shoes and clipless pedals. Wearing cross-trainers and crappy pedals definetly hindered my bike performance. MUST get these before dover-sherborn.
Transition 2
  • 03m 23s
Comments:

Transtition 2 was better than 1. I felt I was quicker here than 3:23. I stopped and drank a little before going on the run. Also stretched my back a little. Put two GU's in my tri-top before heading out on run.

Not sure what I did wrong.Had race belt, and could be the stretching. Should prepare better, and do some stretching on the bike before transitioning.
Run
  • 26m 50s
  • 3 miles
  • 08m 56s  min/mile
Comments:

Not sure what happened. I started out on the run too fast. Passed a guy right out of the gate on the run. Checked watch and was at a 7:50 run pace. Grabbed a gatorade (don't know why I did) at the first aid-station, and almost immediately got cramps, and a side stitch. Ran about 3/4 of a mile before I had to slow and walk. Walked about 1/4 mile and started running again. Slower with more focus on breathing and arm positioning. Got water not gatorade at next two aid-stations. Didn't need the GU packets. Had some cramping again, stopped to walk a bit.

I had walked about 5 feet, when thanks to a guy who had already finished, he told me the finish was a good 1 minute run away. Ran right through the finish.

Not sure what happened at start. Start slower and get used to running then pick up pace. Transition is set up though, you get fired up running through all of those screaming fans.
Post race
Warm down:

Didn't do much. A little light stretching, while walking. Grabbed the post race grub.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Held myself back a bit, could have biked faster. Pace was good on the run. I didn't do as much training as I should have. I'm getting married two weeks after the race, lots of stuff got in the way of training.

Event comments:

Great Race. The atmosphere was superb. Volunteers were all excellent. On the bike course constantly shouting to let the riders know where to go. Never a doubt as to what was ahead.

Last updated: 2008-08-23 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:13:47 | 581 yards | 02m 22s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/56
Overall: 906/988
Performance: Bad
Suit: yes
Course: longer than I anticipated. Did not train at all for the swim, I hurt my shoulder earlier this year and didn't do anything for the swim. First time wetsuit user, very difficult to breathe.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 76F / 24C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Bad
Breathing: Below average Drafting: Bad
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 04:01
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:59:34 | 15 miles | 15.11 mile/hr
Overall: 733/988
Performance: Average
Wind: Some
Course: Very Hilly! Well, it was two hills basically, one out and one back. GREAT downhill though coming back.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Below average Hills: Below average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 03:23
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:26:50 | 03 miles | 08m 56s  min/mile
Overall: 673/988
Performance: Average
Course: Fairly flat run, out and back on closed roads.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes