United States
83F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 26m 47s
Overall Rank = 2/12
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 1/2
Pre-race routine:

Forgot to set the alarm to get me up early for pancakes. So I just ate a few waffels with pbj on them. Not the best idea, i was burping them up for the first 20 or so minutes of the race.
Event warmup:

Easy jog for about 10m to get the legs warm. Rolled the calfs and feet before I left the house.
Run
  • 1h 26m 47s
  • 12 miles
  • 07m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

Good run, I think I pushed the right amount for this one. I maybe could have kept up with the first place guy but I thought he was doing the 6m race and just let him go. My knee started to bother me around mile 8 or 9 and is killing me now. When I get a chance to sit down tonight I am going to have to really ice it down.
What would you do differently?:

I think I had the right idea for this race. I just wanted to run harder then a normal long training run but just push it enough to keep a steady pace. Maybe if I wanted to win I would have kept a better eye on the guy that got first. I was a fool and only looked at the preregistered list and there were only 4 total. That included Nicky and I.
Post race
Warm down:

Streaching and tons of water. Put on the Zensahs after Nicky got done, she had the keys to the car. I wish I put them on sooner.

Event comments:

Overall the race was good. I think as it gets bigger it will be better. With the number of different races I think the volunteers really didnt want to be around for the 12m run and it showed. Many of the stations were empty and there was almost no support for the last 5 or so miles. Many of the volunteers at intersections had left their stations which made some things confusing.

Last updated: 2008-07-24 12:00 AM
Running
01:26:47 | 12 miles | 07m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/2
Overall: 2/12
Performance: Good
Course: Course was pretty hilly with some long climbs. I really liked the scenery, it made the run so much better. Way less shade then I thought there would have been.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No