General Discussion Triathlon Talk » For those who are using Be Iron Fit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-02-09 3:13 PM

Subject: For those who are using Be Iron Fit
Do you think it would be ok to change the short brick in the beginning and use CTS Climbing video instead? Do you think this would help with IMMOO?

2005-02-10 12:28 PM
in reply to: #115020

User image

Expert
Littleton, CO
Subject: RE: For those who are using Be Iron Fit
When you say "in the beginning", I assume you mean early in the program when you are building your aerobic base. As long as you are training in that vein, that's the most important objective. I think there are short bricks in the schedule to help us get used to the feeling of moving from the bike to the run. If you use a climbing video (I'm not familiar with the one you ref) you may be missing that practice, but it hardly seems critical.
If this is your biggest deviation from the book's program, it would be amazing. You'll probably be tweaking and adjusting the program to fit your real-life schedule. Best of luck!
2005-02-10 1:43 PM
in reply to: #115020

User image

Extreme Veteran
Singapore
Subject: RE: For those who are using Be Iron Fit

I think its fine.  The short brick duration isn't THAT long in the beginning...so you can use the video I guess. The drawback would be that , I'm guessing you'll get out of Z2 during the video.   This depending on your LIMITERS,  could be a good or bad thing.

1 thing about using such books is that the plan is for a GENERAL population...not for 1 with specific limiters.  

For example,  I WAS thinking of using the book for my IM training too. But,  I'm SUCH a LOUSY swimmer...I needed to get MORE swim time.  Also,  I was sufferign from an ITBand issue...so all those running was out.  I figured I needed MORE bike time than was prescribed as well.

I ended up tearing his plan apart and building my own!

So my point is,  if you think CLIMBING strength is your limiter...go for it and use the video...but always remember that Z1-Z2 bike time is CRUCIAL for IM success.  

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » For those who are using Be Iron Fit Rss Feed