General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit to small-to big Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-24 2:22 PM

Subject: Wetsuit to small-to big
Hello, here is my question. I am 6'3, when I stared doing tri's this year I was 248lbs with large chest and shoulders..Ok and belly..Anyways, I bought a 2XU XXL full suit and it was so tight it was hard to breath when I would swim, so I had it altered and it fit great..However, now I am 214 lbs and plan on loosing another 6 to 8 lbs and as you may have guessed the suit is now pretty loose. I have my last race in October (HIM, first one, I am so stoked) So here is my question, should I sell it to someone that was in the same position I was and get a different suit or just use the one I have? Thoughts?

As a side note, this is my first time posting anything and I just wanted to thank everybody for there past comments/answers you all have helped with a lot questions, thanks...

2008-08-24 2:43 PM
in reply to: #1624114

User image

Expert
Alexandria, NH
Subject: RE: Wetsuit to small-to big
Where do you see yourself next season?  If you see yourself lighter then here's a solution.  Fit2Race (f2r.com) rents wetsuits for 30 days.  So I would sell the old one because it doesn't fit any longer.  Rent a F2R for your race or unless you think you are at your optimal weight then buy another one (which manufacturer... your choice).  I'm sure someone else rents wetsuits for a fairly long period but hey I just did it and was very impressed with their wetsuits.  
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit to small-to big Rss Feed