thera band for sholders... light running and some push ups
Event warmup:

1/15 clydesdale.
Swim
  • 21m 13s
  • 1000 meters
  • 02m 07s / 100 meters
Comments:

the swim was prety solid i think... with the 75 meeter run inbetween it made it a little difficult. but overall a prety good swim. there where a few times that my navigation was a little off but for the most part prety good. the last 150 meeters i went prety hard and felt good... i think i was 2nd out of the water in the opening heat. Every one at the swim exit was cheering and saying good job... go catch him... etc... that was a prety cool feeling
What would you do differently?:

i think i could have gone a little harder on the back part. when i was trying to go fast i dont think i was getting good arm extention or very smooth
Transition 1
  • 00m 55s
Comments:

everything was going great when i was running with my bike and as soon as i was going to jump on one of my shoes fell off some how... there was a voulenteer who brought it to me and put that shoe on while i was off the bike. jumped on and poot my other foot on top of the shoe. then once i was going good i straped them up and took off

not have my shoe fall off.... or drop the F bomb with all of the spectators at the bike exit... woopse... stupid shoes

9/185 overall
2/23 age group
Bike
  • 1h 08m 6s
  • 25.53 miles
  • 22.49 mile/hr
Comments:

the second time going to the bridge there is the little 1 lane area and this guy infront of me was going prety slow. i had to slow up going down hill.. didnt like that. other then that i think i did prety good. on the bridge there is susposed to be people there bc you are susposed to hop off and jump back on (for athletes saftey) there where no people there either time i went threw the section. and i almost ate it the second time threw. I guess i could have just road threw both times but your susposed to be DQ'd if you dont get off. o well

dont let slow people get infront of me when going down hills fast and cornering... mabey take 2 waters insted of 1 water 1 gatoraid
Transition 2
  • 00m 47s
Comments:

so theres this guy bob scholege... he beet me in to the tran off the bike by 10-15 seconds... and when we got out of T2 i was 2 feet behind him on to the run couse... he ended up winning the race... OVERALL

take feet out later so that i can ride harder to transition.

4/185 overall
2/23 age group
Run
  • 35m 51s
  • 5 miles
  • 07m 10s  min/mile
Comments:

my first mile was good time mile 2 was ok 2-2.5 desent.... so now i know that after the turnaround at the cone with no voulenteers at it. that i had 2.5 left to go. 2.5-3 desent. 3-4 speed up a little. 4-5 turned it on and was sucking for air with about .20 miles left tried to keep my pase up but wasnt sure if i did or not. once i got to the opening i turned it on... and i could hear some one behind me and some one yelled catch him. right when he got diganially behind me i took off sprinting... try and catch me... haha

run the course one time before doing it. i think i would have felt a little better if i had known how far the turn around point was. when theres no voulenteers out there cheering you or anything its difficult to juge how far you are away from the next aid/mile
Post race
Warm down:

walked around for a bit grabbed some grapes and a bananna and some water and gatoraid... i met up with ryan robinson from sherpa sports (director of Kansas 70.3) and talked to him about tri stuff... great guy

What limited your ability to perform faster:

nothing really ... mabey running harder?

Event comments:

all i can say is that it will be interesting to see what the triathlon community of Kansas City will look like in 2009...... looks like there will be some change... hopefully!

Last updated: 2007-11-29 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:21:13 | 1000 meters | 02m 07s / 100meters
Age Group: 2/23
Overall: 15/200
Performance: Good
Suit: none
Course: this was an interesting swim... you do a 500... get out run 75 meeters and wade back in to the water and do the 500 meeters again. Then run a diganial line back to the swim exit about 75 meeters to the transition.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Average Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:55
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Bad
Biking
01:08:06 | 25.53 miles | 22.49 mile/hr
Age Group: 4/23
Overall: 34/200
Wind: Some
Course: 2 loop course. with 2 solid hills and 2 other desent to medium size ones. most of the couse was good for road surface but there where some rough spots.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:47
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:35:51 | 05 miles | 07m 10s  min/mile
Age Group: 11/23
Overall: 39/200
Course: out and back mainly flat
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 2

{postbutton}
2008-08-24 9:54 PM

User image

Expert
work, road, bike, pool
Subject: Jackson County Triathlon

2008-08-25 8:06 AM
in reply to: #1624858

User image

Expert
Missouri
Subject: RE: Jackson County Triathlon
Good job. Nice race and solid times.
2008-08-25 12:48 PM
in reply to: #1624858

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Nice race - I think I saw you before the race at my rack talking to your friend? We may have even been racked on the same rack. I definitely saw you get your clydes prize - was suprised though, I wouldn't consider you a clydes.
2008-08-25 7:53 PM
in reply to: #1626072

User image

Extreme Veteran

lisac957 - 2008-08-25 12:48 I definitely saw you get your clydes prize - was suprised though, I wouldn't consider you a clydes.

If I'm remembering the right guy getting his clyde hardware, it's more due to his height than his width....good race tri-dg. 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Jackson County Triathlon Rss Feed