Lakeville, Massachusetts
United States
Sun Multisport Events
Total Time = 3h 06m 26s
Overall Rank = 510/632
Age Group = 50-54
Age Group Rank = 11/18
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 4 am and had a bowl of chicken and rice soup. Decided to eat some increased sodium to prevent cramping. Packed everything up and took a cup of coffee for the ride. Got to Lakeville around 7 am. Set up transition area and headed to the lake
Event warmup:

I brought my wetsuit and was glad I did. The air temps were chilly. I was able to warm up and not be cold after I came out of the water.
Swim
  • 27m 23s
  • 1287 meters
  • 02m 08s / 100 meters
Comments:

I was a little leary of starting out in front as the over 45 women were paired with the collegiate swimmers. But I listened to Kathy G's advice (again) and started in front. I was able to get a good position right away, had very little body contact. Sighting was good. The lake was very shallow near the second to the last bouy and I was scrapping my knuckles so I had to stand and walk out a few steps and dive in again. Never had to do anything like that before! It was great to see the Graves clan as I finished.I felt great.
What would you do differently?:

I felt very good after coming out of the water. With all the swim training I have done I felt like I could have gone farther. Perhaps I should have pushed a little more/harder.
Transition 1
  • 04m 45s
Comments:

My plan for this race was to have fun...but I was really slow in T1. I took my time, ate a gel, talked with the guy racked across from me. It was like a little party...Party over ...got my socks, shoes helmet and glasses and off I went.

Act like its a race and not waste time/speed in T1!!!
Bike
  • 1h 27m 14s
  • 24.9 miles
  • 17.13 mile/hr
Comments:

I really enjoy this bike course. On the first turn I almost got taken out by someone passing me without calling out...she apologized after she passed me. This happened again on the bumpy part of the course.I know I am slow but I was getting annoyed!!!! Had to get over it, and enjoyed the rest of the ride!Drank 18 oz of Gatorade through the ride and had a gel about mile 20.Drank too much and had to pee...so for the first time I did!!!!! ( never thought it would be possible) Rinsed with the extra water and continued!!!!

Nothing, this was a PR for me!!!
Transition 2
  • 02m 53s
Comments:

The transition party continued!!! Ate a gel, had a drink, put on my sneaks and hat.Took off for the run. Saw my husband and some friends when I was coming out to run.

Cancel the party and not waste so much time.
Run
  • 1h 04m 13s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 10m 22s  min/mile
Comments:

I had a good run. I drank a little water each mile and dumped the rest on my head. I kept a steady pace each mile and never felt as if I had to walk( this is a first for me) At about mile 3 a women came beside me an commented that I didnt look my age and told me I looked fit! I thanked her and told her she made my day!!!What an inspiration to finish strong. I saw my family and friends right before the chute and was able to high five ...I sprinted through the chute and crossed the finish. Beat my Mooseman time by 8 mins!!!!

Nothing
Post race
Warm down:

Went to the lake and swam for a few mins to cool down. Drank some water. Got a bite to eat and sat in the BT tent. After I finished eating went and swam with Lisa and John for about 20 mins. I was shocked that I felt like I had so much energy after the race. Probably should have pushed a little harder in the race.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Need to NOT treat transition like a party!

Last updated: 2008-08-26 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:27:23 | 1287 meters | 02m 08s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/18
Overall: 0/632
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 04:45
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:27:14 | 24.9 miles | 17.13 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 02:53
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
01:04:13 | 06.2 miles | 10m 22s  min/mile
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-08-26 7:16 AM

Uxbridge
Subject: Cranberry Country Triathlon

2008-08-26 7:24 AM
in reply to: #1628133

User image

Pro
MA
Subject: RE: Cranberry Country Triathlon

So you peed on the bike?  ewwww!  :p

Nice seeing you over the weekend and congrats on beating your mooseman time. 

2008-08-26 8:03 AM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Awesome Job Mary Ann Congrats ona great race and it was great to finally meet you!!
2008-08-29 8:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Plymouth MA

Congrats on your oly PR!!!  Awesome race!

I would never have guessed that you were in that age category either. You look great! 

2008-08-29 9:07 AM

User image

Champion
MA

Great job!

Congrats on many things..starting out front with the collegetes,  PB on the bike and of course first peeing on your bike! Rock star stuff!

Very proud of you..look at where you came from 2 years ago and now you are ripping it up out there on the Oly race course finishing feeling like you could run farther....sweet~ 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cranberry Country Triathlon Rss Feed