General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Orlando Danskin - hotel suggestions? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-02-11 8:45 AM

Regular
Atlanta, Georgia
Subject: Orlando Danskin - hotel suggestions?
Hi all! I put this in Who's Racing but no answer. Anyone have any suggestions for hotels near disney that are ok? I have thought of perhaps being near Seaworld - as I would like to take my girls but I am not sure about the timing of being at Disney on the morning of the race. I don't want to be 10 miles away and have to be there at 5 am or some crazy time! Any suggestions are appreciated.

2005-02-11 8:56 AM
in reply to: #115720

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northeast Ohio
Subject: RE: Orlando Danskin - hotel suggestions?

Last month I took my kids to Disney and we stayed at the Comfort Suites Maingate East.  The hotel was quite a bargain (I think we paid $69 per night).  They have a huge breakfast buffet, outdoor heated pool, hot tub and pool-side bar with really cheap food.  The rooms were very spacious and included a microwave and refrigerator.  They advertise as being 2 miles away from Disney.  This is true, but I didn't realize how huge the Disney property is.  Once you get onto Disney property it still takes several minutes to drive to your destination.  Of course, even if you stay "on site" at Disney you could be quite some distance from where you want to be.

Debi

2005-02-11 9:11 AM
in reply to: #115727

Extreme Veteran
I second the Comfort Suites, it is a nice hotel and the microwave and fridge come in handy!
2005-02-11 9:38 AM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas
I just made my reservations at the Coronado Springs in Disney. I did it thorough the travel agency on the Danskin site. (I think it is Anthony Travel). It was $99 a night, but it seems like that is where all of the registration and things are happening on Saturday take place. True, it is a little pricier than most of the off-property hotels, but I am also looking at the time there as a mini vacation. We are arriving on Thursday night and staying until Monday.
2005-02-11 1:45 PM

User image

Actually, staying on property at Disney (even if it's a few $ more per night) is well worth it in my opinion. The free bus service to and from all the parks and other on property destinations for 'guests' staying on property is unbeatable- just park you car when you get there and forget about driving and parking fees $$. Off site (days inn, etc.) hotels will tell you they offer bus service, but is sporadic (one every hour) and limited. Disney's buses run continuously to every destination about every 15-20 minutes. If your'e really on a budget, check out Disney's All Star resort or the new Pop Century- they are the entry level value resorts but still give you bus service and clean, large rooms. Most times these rooms can be had for about $79.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Orlando Danskin - hotel suggestions? Rss Feed