Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2008-08-30 9:17 AM
in reply to: #1635776

User image

Elite
Boise
Subject: RE: Pelosi

mdg2003 - 2008-08-28 3:40 PM  So when Bush is finally gone we can stop blaming anything and everything on him, right? Wrong. Bush will catch flack for any failure in this country for the next 8 years.

Is this kind of like how Clinton is still blamed for stuff that happened in Bush's term? Also I can't stand Glenn Beck.

2008-08-30 11:00 AM
in reply to: #1634423

User image

Pro
Tejas
 I've heard Clinton being blamed for not going after OBL and extremists when they kept blowing up our sh**. Some flack for trimming down the military, but really nothing else. Seems the general consensus is he did a pretty good job and was a popular president. If I missed a lot of the stuff he gets blamed all the time for please post it and I will reconsider my opinion of the man. What does Glen Beck have to do with anything?
2008-08-30 3:49 PM
in reply to: #1639320

User image

Elite
Boise

mdg2003 - 2008-08-30 11:00 AM  I've heard Clinton being blamed for not going after OBL and extremists when they kept blowing up our sh**. Some flack for trimming down the military, but really nothing else. Seems the general consensus is he did a pretty good job and was a popular president. If I missed a lot of the stuff he gets blamed all the time for please post it and I will reconsider my opinion of the man. What does Glen Beck have to do with anything?

Glenn Beck wrote the article that daremo posted and the main things I've heard clinton blamed for are 9/11, not going after OBL and not keeping our country safe. I was mainly pointing out how it seems that former presidents get blamed for a lot of problems that take place when they leave.

2008-08-30 5:16 PM
in reply to: #1634423

User image

Expert
A Husker stuck in VA
And the best part is that the general public elects the officials that are being lobbied by companies providing products to the general public that is in demand (usually). Kind of a catch 22.

Then when people not on the lobbiest's list get a call to office, people scream about lack of experience and no actual knowledge of how things work!!

If any President says they will veto a bill due to BS earmarks then take the earmarks out. If the President still vetoes it, throw it back in his/her face.

We the people are allowing our politicians to play these games. There is no one to blame but ourselves. People go to voting booths and pick the most familiar name (see incumbent) and the screwed up process continues.

Sure, the lobbiest's have the money to squash the small guy or gal, but only because we (the people) don't push our lawmakers (the politicians) hard enough and in large enough groups to change it. I hate when everyone places all the blame on elected officials, the majority elected them, right or wrong. This means that, barring they are doing a 180 on the election platform, the majority agreed with that person over the other or just didn't care enough to make a change.

Oh yeah, in the military the last guy that transferred gets blamed for all the problems, rarely does he/she get credit for the good things that happen.

For what it is worth, I truly believe that what happens the first 4 years of office is a result of the last 4 years of office, so, good or bad, whatever happens the first for years of the Obama/Mccain presidency will be a leftover of GW.

Edited by NavyTRIChief 2008-08-30 5:17 PM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Pelosi Rss Feed  

of 2