General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Bike, New Problem Seatpost Stuck!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-31 4:09 PM

User image

Subject: New Bike, New Problem Seatpost Stuck!!!

So I decided to buy a new bike (online), and after I the ups guy dropped it, I put it together and it the carbon frame was cracked, ok, I posted about it, called the company and got a replacement !!!

The new bike comes in, it's beatiful, i love it, put it together, "pimp it out"(new computer, water bottle cages, etc. etc.) take it out for a spin.

While testing it I realized that I messed up the sizing (from my fit) on the seatpost by about 2 cm, which I think was a big difference. get back home and try to adjust it, and the seatpost is stuck, it doesn't move up or down !!!!

Now how unfortunate am I to have received 2 bikes (same) that has had a problem !!!???

Has anyone ever had any problem with their carbon seatpost/frame where it gets stuck ??? How likely is it to happen on a new bike ??? What could have caused it !!!

I took it to my LBS and the guys said that they would not mess with it because they could crack the frame, he told me that it could happen even on new bikes, but I don't know !!!

I tried calling the company but of course they are closed, and will not reopen until tuesday !!! They do have great customer service, and I'm sure they will deal with this, but I'm starting to get really frustrated, I just want my NEW BIKE !!!!

Let me know what you think could be,

Thanks.

Tom

Edited by TriTom86 2008-08-31 4:20 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Bike, New Problem Seatpost Stuck!!! Rss Feed