General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running buddy needed West Georgia/Cobb area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-09-04 1:51 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Douglasville
Subject: Running buddy needed West Georgia/Cobb area

Hi Folks,

I am trying to work on my running and I have a lot of longer base runs in my plans during the work week.  My problem is that I am a female and I am scared to run by myself in most of the places around here.  An hour long plus run on the tredmill is just KILLING me....I get so bored.  Are there any BTers (preferably females) out there who live in the West GA/Cobb area who would like to see if we could be running buddies? I feel like running on the SCT, Sweetwater etc would be fine so long as I have someone with me...Best part is I am pretty slow so it will give any newbies who are trying to just get into running a chance to train with someone who is also just getting started.  I am totally willing to take it slow and build up pace/distance.  I even am willing to run with someone faster than me just so long as they will circle back every 10 minutes or so.  I can do 6 miles comfortably at 12/mile but could probably push to 11 or so..Shorter distances I could go faster...  I have a pretty flexible scheudule so I can work runs in at lunchtime or late afternoon evening...Message  me privately if you are a new runner who is as sick of the treadmill as I am... -Alison

2008-09-04 3:17 PM
in reply to: #1649860

Extreme Veteran
Atlanta, GA
Subject: RE: Running buddy needed West Georgia/Cobb area
What days and times were you looking to run? I live close to the SCT and would love a running buddy over that way. I just finished an IM so my pace will be slow for the next couple of months while I'm recovering.
2008-09-04 5:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Alison I would love some running workouts on the westside. I live in paulding very near the Hiram trailhead off the silver comet mile 15.
Maybe set up a time/distance for 1 or 2 runs a week and see who shows. My only problem is I am male and you said you were looking for female but if want to run post it or pm me and we can try to get a tri workout group going on this side of town.
See ya, John.
2008-09-05 6:57 AM
in reply to: #1650830

User image

Slower Than You
Cracklantaburbs
I usually run near my house in downtown Douglasville, but could be up for an SCT run now and then.

Keep me posted if there's a group run planned.
2008-09-05 8:42 AM

User image

Veteran
Atlanta, GA

Hey Alison. Not sure if you've thought about joining a running group, but from what it looks like you should think about it. There's a group that meets and runs on the Silver Comet every Saturday for long runs and they also have other runs during the week. All group runs. Plus, you will be put into a group based on your pace so you will have no trouble meeting other runners your speed. The group that meets near the Comet also has a tri club, so you would meet other triathletes also. Get Fit Atlanta. Check them out.

Otherwise, I am of no help. Sorry. I don't live close enough to the Comet to run out there.

2008-09-05 10:09 AM

Douglasville, ga
I am not part of them, but the Douglas County Rogue Runners do a lot of runs at Sweetwater and around Douglasville. They have a schedule on their website.

2008-09-06 6:20 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Douglasville
wow thanks for all the responses.  the running clubs...I guess I should have thought of that but then again this site would be 'expert triathlete' instead of beginner if we knew all the insider secrets..The douglasville club will be a real help to me as they are local and have regularly set runs 2x a week at the pool where I do my swims...thank you for telling me about them!  FYI for those who don't know about it Douglas County has an awesome aquatic center that also has a bunch of long running paths as part of the site.  Its great for swim/run bricks...Its 3 bucks for in county residents an a bit more for out of county...
2008-09-08 7:14 AM
in reply to: #1654800

User image

Slower Than You
Cracklantaburbs
What days are the runs at Boundary Waters? I may come check that out.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running buddy needed West Georgia/Cobb area Rss Feed