General Discussion Race Reports! » Fitness Magazine Mind, Body, Spirit Games Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Fitness Magazine Mind, Body, Spirit Games - Run4 Mile

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
New York, New York
United States
76F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 42m 42s
Overall Rank = 1331/1876
Age Group = F 25-39
Age Group Rank = 391/516
Pre-race routine:

I was worried about the possibility of a hurricane and couldn't sleep very well the night beore, but in the end, it ended up not being a problem. I woke up 2 hours before the race, had a nectarine and took the subway down to pick up the race packet.
Event warmup:

Picked up my race number and t-shirt, stretched lots and walked over to the start.
Run
  • 42m 42s
  • 4 miles
  • 10m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

Ugh. The weather was ridiculously humid, which made it hard to breathe at times. I also had worked out too much yesterday, so was tired. I started out well, but just past the 1st mile marker, I started to get very tired. My hamstrings were really tired, and it seemed as if everything was uphill. I had to stop and walk a few times, but I kept going and managed to run the entire last mile and stay at about a 10:30 pace, which was my goal.
What would you do differently?:

Take a day off the day before; make sure to eat a better breakfast; not start out so fast.
Post race

Last updated: 2008-07-21 12:00 AM
Running
00:42:42 | 04 miles | 10m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 391/516
Overall: 1331/1876
Performance: Average
Course: Running up along the east side of the Central Park loop, across the 103rd Street transverse, down the east side to 63rd street. Felt like it was mostly uphill
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-09-06 10:29 AM

Regular
Subject: Fitness Magazine Mind, Body, Spirit Games
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Fitness Magazine Mind, Body, Spirit Games Rss Feed