Grand Prairie, Texas
United States
Ironhead Race Productions
Total Time = 3h 55m 9s
Overall Rank = 25/34
Age Group = F 30-34
Age Group Rank = 1/2
Pre-race routine:

alarm went off. i question why i'm doing this. eat oatmeal with honey, instead of the ole standby toast with peanut butter and honey and the yellow bird and i are off. i fall asleep in the car on the way there. oops, sorry craig. :)
Event warmup:

teeth chatter as i look out at the swim course thinking "maybe i just won't start and i'll wait in transition for craig, todd, jenny and buehler."
Swim
  • 49m 6s
  • 2112 yards
  • 02m 19s / 100 yards
Comments:

swim felt great. i felt smooth. my breathing was spot on. i wasn't all over the joint with my sighting. it was awesome. sadly, i'm just not fast. good news is i felt great. then the wave behind me started to catch up to me...and swim over me...and kick me in the face...so annoying. but, i just kept moving forward and got another clear lane. really felt great...just need to get faster. i know that requires more time in the pool...so that's what i'll do...sometime...just not yet... :)
What would you do differently?:

swim faster.
Transition 1
  • 02m 33s
Comments:

t1 was great. no realy issues. swim cap/goggles off, shoes on, mount bike. easy.

can always go faster
Bike
  • 3h 02m 34s
  • 56 miles
  • 18.40 mile/hr
Comments:

had tiny pebbles in my shoes the entire ride. might want to wipe off my feet a lil bit before i put shoes on. felt them the whole time.

i struggled this bike. i looked down at mile 7, yes 7 and though, i really want to be done. just didn't have a lot of umph in my legs for some reason. decided at that point to turn speed off garmin and just ride. i had to go 56 miles whether i liked it or not, i might as well make the best of it.

crossed the bridge for the first time and saw 2 guys in a fishing boat. was wishing i was with them. crossed another time and saw 2 guys on a jet ski...really wanted to be them. was wanting to push the staples easy button a couple times. was singing the chorus to 3 different songs and was thinking, i really should learn the verses to these because the chorus gets old after a while. then thought i really think i like team sports better. not so sure i'm fun enough to spend this much time by myself. seriously...these are the crazy thoughts that go through my head. weird.

probably not run 11 miles the day before. i don't want to blame this on my fatigued legs, but i'm sure it had a little to do with it. i signed up for this race last minute because i thought it would be a good way to force myself to swim and typically a 56 mile bike ride is the distance i would ride sometime on the weekend. thought putting the two together would be fun. which, in the big scheme, it was, but i probably should've run friday and had saturday as a rest. ah well, live and learn.
Post race
Warm down:

stood around being soooo happy that i didn't have to run a 1/2 marathon. eat pizza. chat with the crew.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

run the prior day. no motivation to really go too fast. lack of swim time in the pool. own self.

Event comments:

volunteers at this race were fantastic. water stations, awesome. jack's speeches, soooo long. jack yelling at my brother, hysterical. would NOT do this as a full 1/2 IM. that run course looked lonely as we were driving out. and hot. argh. aqua bike though...awesome. will do it again. support is fantastic. just not a lot of bells and whistles associated with it...but that's jack and we all know that going in...

Last updated: 2008-09-02 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:49:06 | 2112 yards | 02m 19s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/2
Overall: 0/34
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:33
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
03:02:34 | 56 miles | 18.40 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/2
Overall: 0/34
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course: 4 loops
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-09-09 9:36 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Frisco, Texas
Subject: Prairieman Aquabike

2008-09-09 11:50 AM
in reply to: #1660913

User image

Extreme Veteran
Allen
Subject: RE: Prairieman Aquabike

Instead of just putting it in the stats, you could have made mention that

YOU WON YOUR AGE GROUP!

Nice job! 

2008-09-09 1:59 PM

User image

Master
Frisco, Texas

Great job.  The 11 miles on Saturday definitely had something to do with your bike performance.  But, that's OK.  The race was a training day.

TJ

2008-09-09 6:37 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-09-09 9:57 PM

Veteran

I LOVE the STAPLE EASY BUTTON!  So funny!  Congratulations on your AGE GROUP WIN!  JJ for the win!  Most importantly, you now have the confidence that you can swim and bike that far  and at a good pace (and win age group too)!   ABike is the way to go!

2008-09-10 11:31 AM

Champion
the colony texas
hey there 1st place lady.. nice job out there.. I thought you had fallen in love with running.. only the aqua??  

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Prairieman Aquabike Rss Feed