General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Couple of questions - Doctor recommendations and training in Scottsdale Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-09-10 11:38 AM

Scottsdale, AZ
Subject: Couple of questions - Doctor recommendations and training in Scottsdale
Hi All!
Pretty new to this site as far as posting, but I have been lurking for quite a while. I get so much information and inspiration from this site and quite a few laughs as well - thanks!
I have been training for tris since January, but still have yet to do one. Dealing with a few running injuries and trying to save up for a road bike have cut into my plans to actually compete in a tri as of yet. BUT, getting closer. Questions are this...
-Anyone have good sports med dr. recommendations in Scottsdale? I live in McCormick ranch and due to the kids schedule, it is hard to get outside of my 5 mile 'bubble' that I live in for appointments. I really want one who understands the aspects of training and just wont give me the 'just rest and you will be fine' line - ugh! Also, my podiatrist is a whack so thought I would see if anyone knew of a good one as well.
-Are there any training groups that meet in Scottsdale? I would LOVE to meet up with the east valley cool kids but it is just too much of a drive for me (again, kid/DH schedules). Once I get a road bike, I really want to start riding with a group and don't know of any in the area (that are tri based - with any of you???)
Thanks for any/all information. I can't WAIT to start riding outside now that it is starting to get cooler. So far all of my training is either on my MTB or in spin class (I teach) and I NEED to get out on the roads! Thanks again!

2008-09-10 12:01 PM
in reply to: #1664169

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-09-10 12:06 PM

Scottsdale, AZ
Subject: RE: Couple of questions - Doctor recommendations and training in Scottsdale
Hey there, yeah, I teach Spin at LA Fitness in mcCormick Ranch, also at Scottsdale Athletic Club...have you been to class? I usually sub the T/Th 9:15am class, and Sat 8:15 or 9:15am class.
I am still on my way to buying a road bike but a friend told me I could borrow hers if it is the correct size, and going to look into that soon! I have been swimming 3x per week and am just now getting my milage back up (only at 3 miles now - ugh) but once I get things going, would love to have the company as well! Can we PM on this site...I don't even know. Should exchange info soon! Thanks!
2008-09-10 12:13 PM

Extreme Veteran
Mountain View, CA
Subject: RE: Couple of questions - Doctor recommendations and training in Scottsdale

My primary care doctor is up in north Scottsdale and she is awesome - I drive all the way up from Tempe to see her. It's a bit farther than 5 miles from you but it's right off the 101. She is board certified in Family Medicine and Sports Medicine and definitely understands the needs of athletes - she's been a team doctor for some local cycling teams and is one of the team doctors for the US Figure Skating Association. I went on a high altitude climbing trip last year in Peru and was impressed when she immediately knew what medicines to prescribe - turned out she did some climbing in Rainier herself. The office is really nice and as an added bonus she does the fastest paps on the planet.

http://mytpfc.com/meet_docs_je.php

2008-09-10 12:17 PM

Expert
Tempe, Arizona (hot hot hot)
I am so glad to hear that she does the fastest paps on the planet. I will run over there right away. LOL, nothing like a slow pap.
2008-09-10 12:38 PM

New user

Hey There,
You may want to try Ian Chapple, he is more of PT though. He has really helped me out with all of my injuries and aches. Here is the website http://runningassessment.com. He is a little bit north of the Airpark. Good luck to you.

2008-09-10 2:46 PM

Elite
Mesa, AZ
I like Ian Chapple too.
2008-09-10 4:13 PM

Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks for the great info! I may just have to check out Ian Chapple. I don't want the 'come 3x per week for 4 weeks' kind of therapy, but really want a GOOD running analysis and look at my major injury spots, why they occur and how to prevent/treat. Do any of you know what the fees are...is he covered by insurance? Figured I would ask here first and THEN contact his office. THANKS!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Couple of questions - Doctor recommendations and training in Scottsdale Rss Feed