Parent's of Peterson School
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 27m 36s
Overall Rank = 3/20
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 2/6
Pre-race routine:

Had my waffles with PB and maple syrup for breakfast, drank some tea and water, took an endurolyte. I double bandaged my heels because I had open blisters from hiking earlier in the week.
Event warmup:

Jogged around a bit at the school while waiting for the bus to take us to the start. Jogged some more after the bus ride, while waiting for the start.
Run
  • 27m 36s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

Good run! I had some stomach cramping in mile 2 so had to slow my pace a bit, but I was able to pick it back up in mile 3. I think it might have been the endurolytes, since it's the first time I've taken them before a race, maybe I didn't drink enough water with them. It worked out OK though and I was able to kick it in a little at the finish. Once I started running I didn't notice my painful heels at all. Yay for endorphins!! :)
What would you do differently?:

Not experiment with endurolytes for the first time on race day. Yeah, I know better than to try something the first time on race day, sometimes do it anyway though ;) Other than that it was a great race, and I wouldn't change a thing!
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around the school playground a bit and cheered for other racers coming in.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Still a little sore from hiking, and stomach cramps.

Event comments:

This is a small local race to raise funds for new playground equipment at the school. They do a pretty good job with it, but it is definitely geared towards kids and fun runners. I love that it encourages kids to get out and run, while also raising money for their physical fitness. If you're race time is important to you though, it's not the best. There is no chip timing and both mine and my husband's official times posted were off from our announced finish time by the coach (with his pocket watch) when we crossed the finish line. Since our garmins agreed with the announced time, we'll just stick with that and not worry about it. It actually didn't change our placing anyway, but since we both had set PR's it was kind of important to us. They have a great kid's carnival and a pizza lunch after the race, so it's a fun day event for families with little ones!

Last updated: 2008-09-12 12:00 AM
Running
00:27:36 | 03.11 miles | 08m 52s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/6
Overall: 3/20
Performance: Good
average hr 178 max 240, but I don't think this is right :) first mile 8:42 2nd mile 9:20 3rd mile 8:53
Course: Point to point run down paved streets and paved path ending at Peterson School. One hill near the start, but otherwise pretty flat.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-09-13 3:09 PM

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon
Subject: Pete's Fall Fest "Race for Play"

2008-09-17 1:26 PM
in reply to: #1672409

User image

Expert
Montana
Subject: RE: Pete's Fall Fest "Race for Play"
Sounds like a really fun race, and for a great cause! There is a race for a very small (10+ kids, K-8) school near here that I'm going to try to hit next spring.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Pete's Fall Fest "Race for Play" Rss Feed