Bolder Boulder and Active.com
52F / 11C
Sunny
Total Time = 47h 56m
Overall Rank = 68/450
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 24/70
Pre-race routine:

Did a lot of pre-jogging to stay warm... it was really windy and cold that morning. Poor wife and kids! I can't believe I dragged them out of bed so early just to freeze! I hoped breakfast afterwards would make up for it...
Event warmup:

Jogged at 7:30 min mile pace a few 100 yards to get ready! My plan was to start off strong so I wouldn't get stuck behind someone I couldn't pass later since the trail was so narrow. This would be my first trail run ever and my first run at this elevation! I didn't know what to expect!
Run
  • 47m 56s
  • 4.5 miles
  • 10m 39s  min/mile
Comments:

Why did I start off so strong?! I had nothing left by the first hill! Would i even finish? I only slept 4 hours the night before... Darn business trips. I flew in so late that I hardley had any rest. Mile onefinally came forever later... what's my time? Aw man! I forgot to hit my stop watch! I don't even know my pace now! Well, time to just try and finish and not twist my ankles or face injury b4 the Cresent Moon Tri next weekend! I dont want to throw away over 3 months of training on this trail run! Mile 2 - I am now walking up hills! This race is kicking my ass! I haven't stopped to walk during a run in over 17 years! Trail runs are brutal! Mile 3 - I am finally hitting the down hills and making up some ground... I've been "chicked" 8 times now. I at least want to be in the women's top ten finishers! Please God - give me the strength! Mile 4 - alost there! I see the finish line! I have a sprint in me yet! Hooray! I made it! It's breakfast time with the wife and kids! I was a beautiful run though... just really hard!
What would you do differently?:

I wouldn't have started off so strong. Would have ditched the jacket just b4 the start so I wouldn't have been so hot and weighed down. Would have left the iPod too... just too much bouncing around to really enjoy an MP3 player. Just really felt weighed down and over tired most of the run!
Post race
Warm down:

Wlaked around for a few... kinda dizzy! Where's my family?

What limited your ability to perform faster:

High altittude and starting off too strong. Not enough sleep too and lack of traing the week before! I hate business trips!

Event comments:

Trail runs will kick your ass if you're not ready and train for one! remeber to go in slow!

Last updated: 2008-09-14 12:00 AM
Running
00:47:56 | 04.5 miles | 10m 39s  min/mile
Age Group: 24/70
Overall: 68/450
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %none
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4