woke up at 5:30 had cereal got ready left the house 6:25 drove to site
Event warmup:

walked around and talked swam about 100 yards
Swim
  • 10m 11s
  • 500 yards
  • 02m 02s / 100 yards
Comments:

Really started off fast and clean there was no one in front of me and a couple guys on my side, rounded the first buoy and hit the mass of non swimmer from the other two waves, I was constantly looking up and weaving through them. At one point there was a guy on his back and two breast stroker on each side of him, I just decided to split them and do my best to keep going, I did hit one in the face on the stroke said I'm sorry and keep going. overall a good swim for me stayed strong and navigated very well.
What would you do differently?:

not much, they need to have a bigger gap between the waves, I actually caught someone from the 1st wave by the first buoy and I was in the 3rd wave and I'm not the fastest swimmer.
Transition 1
  • 01m 10s
Comments:

not bad T1 it's a long run up the grass from the beach, I had a little trouble pulling my wetsuit down getting out of the water but with such a long run it didn't affect my time any. I was quick with helment, shoes and opted for no socks since everything was wet.

nothing not bad 4th out 18 in AG.
Bike
  • 45m 29s
  • 16.6 miles
  • 21.90 mile/hr
Comments:

I wanted to bike hard start the first 5 miles at 22.5 average, I noticed my HR was very high 156, my threshold is somewhere around 142 so this needs to come down or it will be a long day. The second 5 miles was going into the wind and some hills, I tried to coast the down hills to get my HR down, I averaged 21.3 on this section and HR dropped to 151, the next 5 was in the biggest hill sections and some direct wind I averaged 21.4 on this 5 miles HR down to 146 average now, last 1.6 I averaged 22.2 HR stayed at 146. A good bike for me only a few people passed me, not sure why me HR was so elevated but I made it without bonking or blowing up and my time was at least 2 minutes better than last year

not much, maybe not worry about the HR and hammer it out, not sure what the result would have been in the end and on the run.
Transition 2
  • 00m 53s
Comments:

Great T2 fast and efficient.

nothing 3rd out of 18 in AG
Run
  • 29m 22s
  • 4 miles
  • 07m 20s  min/mile
Comments:

I was really wore out from the bike, I was going to go hard on the run, but took it a little easier until I felt better in the legs. Thier mile markers were way off, at the first mile my garmin said .90 and it said 6:39 I knew I was going that fast, at the 1.5 mile marker I started to feel better, but we turned into the wind and a few hills so my speed didn't really increase. At the mile mark for 2 miles, my garmin read 1.87, we went into the woods somebody finally pass me, I'm just not good on trails, these were bad, but basketball ankles from the pass always remind me that a twist could come at anytime. Got to the road and ran hard to the finish I felt good, I wish I whould have felt like this at the start. I was around 1.5 minutes faster than last year. At the end the Garmin had 3.98 miles so they had the distance right by the end just had there miles off, maybe they were counting the distance from the start of the transition from off the bike.

nothing ran the best I could, just didn't feel great at the start, it was very humid and sticky just hard to get your breath at times
Post race
Warm down:

none talked some more, had a bad blister on the inside of my foot, seems like everytime I don't wear socks I get a blister somewhere wierd thing it's never the same spot but always on the right foot, what is up with this foot?

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Humidity

Event comments:

I really like the race it gets better every year, with the chip timing, nice course low cost entry and beautiful setting it's a keeper every year.

Last updated: 2008-03-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:11 | 500 yards | 02m 02s / 100yards
Age Group: 2/18
Overall: 32/238
Performance: Good
I had 8:43 on my watch when I left the water, but I believe they counted the run up the hill into T1, because there is no way I ran that hill and did T1 in a 1:10
Suit: 2XU ELITE
Course: rectangle well marked with the buoys on the right side
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 74F / 23C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:10
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:45:29 | 16.6 miles | 21.90 mile/hr
Overall: 16/238
1st 5 miles 22.5 ave. HR ave. 149 2nd 5 miles 21.3 ave. HR ave. 153 3rd 5 miles 21.4 ave. HR ave. 146 last 1.6 22.2 ave. HR ave. 146
Wind: Some
Course: all directions around the lake roads were pretty good, the course has a few little rollers nothing to hard
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence: 84
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:53
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:29:22 | 04 miles | 07m 20s  min/mile
Overall: 24/238
mile 1 7:23 HR ave. 151 mile 2 7:39 HR ave. 148 large hill in this mile mile 3 7:34 HR ave. 151 mile 4 7:05 HR ave. 156
Course: through the camp areas to the main road then on the road for a couple miles one nice hill then into the woods for a 1/2 mile or more trail run with stairs and a bridge then back onto the road for the last 1/2 mile
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-09-15 8:55 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Russiaville, IN
Subject: Mighty Mississinewa Triathlon

2008-09-15 11:10 AM
in reply to: #1674215

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Mighty Mississinewa Triathlon
Good job, Ron!!! Was this your last race of the year?
2008-09-15 12:51 PM
in reply to: #1674215

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Mighty Mississinewa Triathlon
Great job! I think you were racked on the bike rack right in front of us. You were getting in your zone (so it looked) and I was trying to find mine- so I'll say hi here! "Hi".
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mighty Mississinewa Triathlon Rss Feed