Maine Mountain Bike Association
60F / 16C
Precipitation
Total Time = 2h 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 45+
Age Group Rank = 1/1
Pre-race routine:

Hubby's race was at 10:00 so we saw him off, then hung around and chatted. Since it was rainy, we tried to stay dry. Ate lunch.
Event warmup:

half hour before race, daughter and I started to easy riding. I was riding as support for her but also to get my points for the series.
Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 7 miles
  • 3.50 mile/hr
Comments:

Well, my 11-yr old daughter does not have experience in these conditions. She rode some technical stuff and then would slip on roots. She got so discouraged and tears were flowing. Our race was 2 laps. She wanted to quit after one but I bribed her with a rootbeer float. I think the hardest thing she has had to do was start that second lap. We were in dead last. At the watertower, a race official and met us and said the timers wanted to go home and they were markig us as finished. He asked if we wanted a ride in the pickup truck back to the start. I said No Way, we would take a short-cut off the course and onto a nearby road. We would finish under our own power. Daughter was so so so very happy to be finished with that course. She hated it. I owe her a rootbeer float.

I haven't seen the official results - due to weather, turnout was very low. I may have been the only woman.
Post race
Warm down:

Change out of wet stuff!

Event comments:

I hope the bad experience hasn't turned daughter off completely.

Last updated: 2008-09-15 12:00 AM
Biking
02:00:00 | 07 miles | 3.50 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/1
Overall: 0/
Performance: Bad
Wind: None
Course: I like this course - it is technical, then an easy 3 miles, then more technical. I love that break in the middle.
Road: Rough Wet Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-09-15 12:57 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Waterboro, Maine
Subject: Grillz, NECS Finals

2008-09-15 1:23 PM
in reply to: #1675000

User image

Pro
MA
Subject: RE: Grillz, NECS Finals
What a good lesson to teach your daughter to tough it out.  She can now brag to her classmates about how she did this race in this condition and FINISHED it, while many didn't show up. 

Edited by D.K. 2008-09-15 1:23 PM
2008-09-19 12:12 PM
in reply to: #1675073

User image

Master
Kauai, Hawaii
Subject: RE: Grillz, NECS Finals

D.K. - 2008-09-15 9:23 AM What a good lesson to teach your daughter to tough it out.  She can now brag to her classmates about how she did this race in this condition and FINISHED it, while many didn't show up. 

Ditto! This one she will remember.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Grillz, NECS Finals Rss Feed