General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jacksonville area races. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-09-18 7:56 AM

User image

Champion
Urbandale, IA
Subject: Jacksonville area races.

Hi Floridians.  I have been asked to make arrangements to come to Jacksonville next year and do a talk to several groups about organ donation and awareness, with a pretty open schedule.  My best friend works at the Omni in Jacksonville, so I like to be there anyway, and I am fairly familiar with the area.  I would like to combine this trip (since someone else is paying the travel expenses) with a race.  I can speak to the groups, then tell them about the race and puntuate the message by inviting them to come and see me race and being able to see what the donation of organs brings to the table in healing possibilities.

So ----- What race should I do?  The month of June is out for me, as I am supremely busy, but I am pretty open from March to November 2009.  Just looking around, I saw that Jacksonville has a 3 race set on Little Talbot Island (which I have never been to) and St. Augustine has a 3 race set at Marineworld.  What are the best races in the area?  Does anyone have any experience with any of these races?

Thanks for any help you can give me, and please, sign up as an organ donor and let your family know about your decision.

2008-09-18 9:11 PM
in reply to: #1681668

User image

Ponte Vedra Beach,FL
Subject: RE: Jacksonville area races.
There are so many races. It depends what distance you're looking for.
There the BFAST Triathlon series out in Ponte Vedra Beach. A series of Sprint Tri's starting in May.
There's the HOT (Hammerhead Olympic Triathlon) in August

Let us know what distances you're looking for and we'll be able to suggest more.
2008-09-19 12:14 PM
in reply to: #1683449

User image

Champion
Urbandale, IA

smdnyfl - 2008-09-18 9:11 PM There are so many races. It depends what distance you're looking for. There the BFAST Triathlon series out in Ponte Vedra Beach. A series of Sprint Tri's starting in May. There's the HOT (Hammerhead Olympic Triathlon) in August Let us know what distances you're looking for and we'll be able to suggest more.

If it is pre-may - I would probably be looking at a sprint - just because I am working on some things this off-season that I will  need to put together in the first few months of the "season" next year.  I prefer Olympic distance races, in general.  I try to only do USAT sanctioned events, but I will veer from that if it is a really fun race atmosphere (like the Mulletman in Pensacola).

2008-09-19 12:46 PM
in reply to: #1681668

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fleming Island, FL
I have done a few of the DRC sponsered sprints at Little Talbot Island and they are very well run. DRC is also starting an Olympic and half iron distance race in Amelia Island the first week in October. This will be the inagural year and I have signed up for the half.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jacksonville area races. Rss Feed