General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Eastern Maine Triathlon Club forming! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-09-18 3:39 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Eastern Maine Triathlon Club forming!

There are a lot of triathletes in eastern Maine but for some reason there is no triathlon club.  We need to change that.  In the next month or so we are planning the first meeting of the Eastern Maine Triathlon club.  Our goal with the initial meeting is to bring people together from the Bangor/Ellsworth/MDI region (or anywhere else if you want to travel) together to talk about how we can collaborate to make triathlon and triathlon training better in our area.  We will try to schedule some group rides/runs and generally find out what people want in a tri club.

If you are interested, please let me know and I will put your on the email list so you'll know where and when the first meeting and group trainings will be held.  Thanks!

Derek

2010-08-30 6:12 PM
in reply to: #1682842

Subject: RE: Eastern Maine Triathlon Club forming!
I know this is old but is this still going on?
2010-08-30 6:35 PM
in reply to: #3072268

New user

Orono, ME
not sure.  seems like a really old post.

I live in Orono.  currently training for Pumkinman sprint and half in 2 weeks.  then running MDI in october.

Run Strong,

Steven
2010-10-01 6:42 PM

User image

I just did my first tri at UMaine last weekend and loved it.  Can't wait to do another.  Would like to find other tri-ers to train with. 
2010-11-10 5:51 AM

User image

Master
Midcoast Maine
Depending on where you are located - there are a bunch of things going on (during the season) in the midcoast area including:

Friday night runs (4:30 leaving from Hatchett Mountain Publik House in Hope)
Sunday am runs (8:00a from the PenBay YMCA)
OWS MWF 6:00a from Megunticook Boat Ramp - these are often followed by a bike ride
follow "Bike Rides" on facebook for locally organized bike rides
MaineSport organizes a bunch of bike rides throughout the week - either stop in or check their web site.

The runs will continue through the winter, the bike rides until there is ice on the road and the OWS will start up again in May.

So glad you had a great time at UMaine! Welcome to the "club".
2010-11-17 7:46 PM
in reply to: #3129219

Dover Foxcroft
Hi--

I'm in Dover-Foxcroft and just started a club for this area..  Katahdin Tri Club (katahdintriclub.com).  Not too many triathletes around here but I'd like to find others to train with!

Jess

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Eastern Maine Triathlon Club forming! Rss Feed